question: neuropathy and cracking feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, this may seem wierd. But just now when I stood up, i went to walk forward and my left foot seemed to crack. And it hurt quite a lot.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? And is it something to do with the neuropathy? I don't really want to have to ring the podiatrist up, but obviously will if I have to.

Hi Sam - I had something like that happen to me about 18 months ago. I was just walking along and felt as if something had snapped. It was painful and over a couple of days I got some bruising. I saw the Dr after about 10 days - was going for something else. He palpated (is that the word) my foot and said I had probably snapped a tendon. They allow 6 weeks for such things to heal and only investigate if it is still causing trouble after that time. He never mentioned anything about neuropathy - it was just one of those things.

I hope it stops hurting soon.

Since I was a child I've on occasion had a snapping feeling in my foot. Feels like something running down the middle snaps and happens when I start to run or walk. Very painful at the time but wears off after a short while. For me it happened even before I got diabetes so not related to my neuropathy. If it remains painful then give them a call, they should be able to reassure you, or have a quick look for you.

Sounds like a joint problem, a bit like cracking your knuckles and may be due to dehydration. At least that's what I was told when I mentioned it happening to my knee on a regular basis, in spite of the fact that I try to drink at least 2.5 litres a day.

Happens to me every morning the first time I stand on my left foot, but it has been doing it for many years - long before the diabetes. It's not very painful though, just like something is moving back into place after I've been lying down. My problem is that, having been a runner for the past 30 years, I tend to ignore things unless they are really bad and I probably shouldn't do that anymore.

Hope it's just a temporary thing Sam.

Happens to me every morning the first time I stand on my left foot, but it has been doing it for many years - long before the diabetes. It's not very painful though, just like something is moving back into place after I've been lying down. My problem is that, having been a runner for the past 30 years, I tend to ignore things unless they are really bad and I probably shouldn't do that anymore.

Hope it's just a temporary thing Sam.

oooh i hope so, its insanely annoying 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back