question for the guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minster

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
ok i have been diabetic for nearly 10 years now and have recently started to have problems in the trouser department. i went to the doctors and was told i could have the little blue pill on prescription if i wanted. i declined for now.

so my question is do any of you know of an alternative to the treatment offered??

cheers in advance

there are a few... i depends on you really.. the blue pill is good for some.. there is another pill as well.. there is somethin else you put down it... there is a pump you can use.. and you can inject it too.. so there are many ways to stay active.. ( i have tried most)!!!.. as a young man with a few complications!!... any questions please ask.. in my experience its better not to let pride some in way ...
lee

Hi Minster,

Hope you dont mind an imposter on this one! But I read your post (guaranteed to get the girls to look is to say its 'one for the boys'!) but it reminded me of an information leaflet I received in an intialy welcome bumph pack from the IDDT (Independent Diabetes Trust). I have found this link on their website which is reflective of this advice in the pack, looks like a reasonable link http://www.iddtinternational.org/healthissues/impotence.htm. I think with GP's the blue pill is very readily prescribed (sometimes with good reason), but I was wondering does your practice have a "wellmans clinic"? They may be better placed to advise on current alternatives to the blue pill, or have more time to discuss this with you.

In my understanding it is a very common problem. Lee puts it very well about asking, I suffered some 'girl' type problems quite horrifically for several months related to diabetes because I was way too embarassed to ask for help- now, a couple of years on I know Im a bloody idiot! I wish I could turn back time in that respect.

Hope you get some good advice.
Lou

Last edited:
Hi Minster, Leenevit

Sorry I can't help here just wanted to say hope you manage to find something that works for you, and thanks for the heads up on this probably undiscussed complication of this fun disease!

Take care

Rossi

thanks all for the replies 🙂

im off to see the doctor monday to talk the alternatives through with him.

we dont have a wellmans clinic, but my gp is well clued up on all this sort of stuff. the doc i saw was a locum so i didnt really want to take his advice without checking with my regular gp first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back