Question about thrush Sorry guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
sorry about this a question for you ladies when you have bad thrush can you smell it when you go for a wee or smell it on you?😱

Usually i can smell it ever so slightly when i wee, but its the itching thats the more previlent.

Usually i can smell it ever so slightly when i wee, but its the itching thats the more previlent.

Yes agree with Steffie

and boy is it itchy...............thats how I was diagnosed with Diabetes I had been suffering with Thrush for 5 weeks on and off so went to the doctors.

Has he prescribed anything for the thrush?

I feel yout pain..............making me cross my legs just thinking about it:D

not had this for a long time, never since diagnosis , touches wood

but i know you can buy the tablet and cream over the counter too. bit pricey but worth it.

I sometimes get cystitis more, is this related to diabetes or not?

but i know you can buy the tablet and cream over the counter too. bit pricey but worth it.

being diabetic I dont pay for prescriptions i always get my meds on prescriptions i get them this way. I find that the tablet does not clear it up for me so always get fluconazole which does the job.
I dont know about cystititis is it linked to diabetes but Im sure someone will be along soon with a answer

Last edited by a moderator:
as i dont pay for prescriptions i aways get my meds on prescriptions i get them this way. I find that the tablet does not clear it up for me so always get fluconazole which does the job.
I dont know about cystititis is linked to diabetes but Im sure someone will be along soon with a answer

hope it clears for you soon, its not nice :(

I suffer from this a few times a year....I have no definitive answer other than at some point, as a diabetic I am more susceptible to everything somehow!!! antibiotics sorts it out straight away.

sorry about this a question for you ladies when you have bad thrush can you smell it when you go for a wee or smell it on you?😱

thrush is best treated with an over the counter capsule (can get dr to prescribe one) i often dont need the cream and never use those horrible pessarys! just one tablet and sorted! i always get a prescription for 2 or 3 and drs are usually understanding with it as we are sooooo more likely to get it...oh the joys!!

I have to say I suffered with Thrush for a long time many years before I got Type 1. However I eventually got rid of it by a change of diet, medication and throwing all my knickers away and buying new ones. (Apparently even with washing it doesn't completely go away) It did come back briefly during the time before I knew I had diabetes but since then I haven't had another bout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back