Question about Thrush Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I have thrush badly my sugars are running high (17 this morning:() My gp has given me Fluconazole but i dont think its working. Its really bad im itching like hell all over my body even have it in my mouth its becoming painful to eat or drink anything now.
Does anyone know of any natural cures at all or for that matter anything that will help please guys im getting desperate
Thanks
gail

plain yoghurt ...everywhere and eat some gail ..you can get an oral jel from the chemist ....

Lavender in the bath helps , just a few drops. Not supposed to be that good for diabetes but great for thursh.
Hope it clears up xx

Your GP may have prescribed the 'ordinary' (soz, can't think of a more technical term) fluconazole. One of the OTC Canestan products has double strength - might be worth giving it a try - if you get free prescriptions and your local chemist is part of the minor ailments scheme, they will give it to you free, apparently, after filling in a form...............

xx

Hi there just noticed your thread, I know the guys on ere may be thinking TMI!! 😛 but, I have never found the pill for thrush any good either, I used to take something called acidophilus (you can get it in chewable tablet form from holland and barret) I am not exactly sure how it works but any time I have suffered with thrush it has worked a treat (my mums pal suggested it to me 😉)

thanks guys
gail

I bought Daktarin oral thrush gel which worked for me, and I took a fluconazole tablet as well.

The one dose of Fluconazole is 150mg whether you get it from the Dr or over the counter. You can get 50mg tablets but they are taken on a daily basis for x amount of days.

Hi

Yeah I had Thrush when was first diagnosed (did multistix dipstick to see if I had a urine infection cos not having had thrush before I hadn't thought of that - and the glucose bit changed colour, and i thought, o eck).

My doctor gave me Fluconazole, he said something to the effect of 'I could give you the normal one but that probably won't work, here's a one off tablet you can try' instead.

It sounds exactly like what Squide just described and gave you the miligrammes for.

is that the little blue pill in the HUGE packaging ???

Sounds like the one AM....little pill and big packaging...nobody seems to have told the drug companies about the rainforests yet...either that or they just see them as potential sources for new drugs. heheh

I have thrush badly my sugars are running high (17 this morning:() My gp has given me Fluconazole but i dont think its working. Its really bad im itching like hell all over my body even have it in my mouth its becoming painful to eat or drink anything now.
Does anyone know of any natural cures at all or for that matter anything that will help please guys im getting desperate
Thanks
gail
Hi Gail,

My thrush and itching disappeared altogether once I got my blood glucose levels down.

The levels that you quote of 17 are very high.

Best wishes - John

is that the little blue pill in the HUGE packaging ???

Sounds like the one AM....little pill and big packaging...nobody seems to have told the drug companies about the rainforests yet...either that or they just see them as potential sources for new drugs. heheh

My guess is that, as it's really expensive, if they put it in a tiny package, it would put people off buying it!! If you get a decent sized pack for your money it somehow doesn't feel as bad, lol.

xx

im on 50mg daily. have tested my bs 4 times since about 11.30 last night and each time its read HI so as soon as docs opens im gonna phone for appoiment. Have tested for keytones and have a very low level of them im going to be a pushy person and get something done this has gone on for to long now its about time they sorted this out. To cap it all i think im coming down with a cold as well.

its now 7.15 bs has gone down to 29.7 have just used last keytone strip and its showing nothing am still going to try to get appoiment with my gp just dont feel right sorry to sound like such a scardy cat but i know something s not right if that makes sence

Gail, are you under the care of your GP or are you with the diabetes clinic at the N&N? If you're with the N&N they do a drop in clinic between 9am-10am so you can see a DSN without an appointment, may be useful if you can get there....? Given your numbers have been so high you'd definately be justified in going in.

Thanks Aymes I didnt know that. Would not be able to make it now.I am under n+n and my gp. I have booked apoiment with my gp for 10.40 bs now 24.5 i just hope gp doest think im waisting time now that its starting to go down I just wish I could stop the need to drink water since midnight i have drunk 5 one litre bottles and of course you can guess the effect thats having

Glad to hear things are getting better. The advice I was given was to eat natural yoghurts and smear it on/in all the places affected, it can be messy, but helps. Also avoid things containing yeast (not easy I know), drink plenty of sugar free liquids, especially water. Personally I also find it helps to avoid anything with artifical sweetner and caffeine in it too.

good luck gail lets us know how you get on xx ps how was the restbite ??

Respite went well thanks am64
saw gp and hes given me more tablets for thrush Hes going to get in touch with hossie docter and see wot she says asap
gail

Respite went well thanks am64
saw gp and hes given me more tablets for thrush Hes going to get in touch with hossie docter and see wot she says asap
gail

Result Gail lets hope it works xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back