question about OneTouch UltraEasy meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Does anyone know how high this meter reads I ask as have just tested level and it reads high im not worried but im concerned😱😱

Most meters go up to about 33 - so your very high. Drink lots of water and test for ketones - what have you eaten?😱🙂Bev

Hi ...

Nathan uses the same meter .. as Bev says this one goes up to 33 .. anything over that will read High ... drink plenty and check ketones again as Bev said ... Also, I know you will have probably done this but I had a similar reading ages ago with Nathan .. he had'nt washed his hands before testing .. 😱

Heidi
xx:D

just retested still high have had hi sugars since i saw gp on thursday think a lot of it is to do with fact i have been changed from 150 lantus to at mo 45 insulatard been really thirsty last couple of days Dont have keytones keep testing for them. i had baked beans on toast for tea. Im getting pissed off with this because i did something stupid thats why they changed my brand and method of delivery of insulin
Thanks for your fast replys it helps a lot

just retested still high have had hi sugars since i saw gp on thursday think a lot of it is to do with fact i have been changed from 150 lantus to at mo 45 insulatard been really thirsty last couple of days Dont have keytones keep testing for them. i had baked beans on toast for tea. Im getting pissed off with this because i did something stupid thats why they changed my brand and method of delivery of insulin

Gail, I know you have had some problems in the past - but you still need the right amount of insulin - have you told your GP you are high? This isnt right at all.🙂Bev

he knows about it i see him every week and every week he puts up my insulin by a small amount due to wot happened they are slowly reintroducing insulin into my system its mt fault all my own fault

Hi Gail ..

Hey sending you big hugs .... You have not done anything wrong or stupid hun .. :D

I am no expert on the correct amounts of insulin to be taken by one person .. as diabetes/insulin requirements is a personal and individual thing, based on many variables.

But me own instinct and opinion if it were regards to Nathan .. the high readings you are getting is due to the big drop in insulin and the change of insulin.

As Bev, has said, does your GP know you are reading high since thursday .. please get in touch with him/her tomorrow ... Keep drinking as much fluid as possible ... on the good side you have no ketones .. 🙂

Heidi
xx🙂

he knows about it i see him every week and every week he puts up my insulin by a small amount due to wot happened they are slowly reintroducing insulin into my system its mt fault all my own fault

Gail ... for whatever reason your GP is reintroducing insulin to your system .. please do not blame yourself .. it is not your fault ... 🙂

Heidi
xx🙂

Gail ... for whatever reason your GP is reintroducing insulin to your system .. please do not blame yourself .. it is not your fault ... 🙂

Heidi
xx🙂

it was my fault for wot i did i know i was ill at the time but its still my fault sorry

it was my fault for wot i did i know i was ill at the time but its still my fault sorry

Your GP should not withold insulin from you as it can make you ill. Whatever the reason for this - you cannot be punished by keeping you on the wrong amount of insulin. Your GP can still be in charge of it - but he can just give you more so your levels arent high. You have said before that you have had mental health issues - you CANNOT be blamed for that - it is an illness and not your fault at all.🙂Bev x

Gail, whatever happened your doctor should be in contact more often than weekly - it should be on a daily basis at least. Ring NHS Direct and see what they recommend for the readings you are getting. You NEED the insulin that at least brings you within the meter's range! Do this please, and let us know when you can get a number.

retested down to 26

retested down to 26

26 is still way too high Gail, but obviously better than off the scale! Ring someone tomorrow, they need to get into the 10-15 at the very least. Please let us know how things go.

18 this morning have my normal appoiment thursday as long as levels keep going down will hang on for then dont have any keytones so thats good news.am gonna put my foot down when i see gp and tell him i think it needs to go up by a fair chunk i know i scewered up but im a normal human being.if im not happy with his responce am going to call my team at diabetic clinic

18 this morning have my normal appoiment thursday as long as levels keep going down will hang on for then dont have any keytones so thats good news.am gonna put my foot down when i see gp and tell him i think it needs to go up by a fair chunk i know i scewered up but im a normal human being.if im not happy with his responce am going to call my team at diabetic clinic

Gail, if I was you I would just ring the team anyway. Write down all your readings from last thursday and tell them what they are - because you have been very high for too long and something needs to be done. Your insulin has been changed - which is fine - but it should be the *right* amount of insulin - not a 'guess'! Clearly if you are reaching HI on the meter you are not getting enough insulin so somebody needs to do something about that. How often do you have insulin? Sorry - I dont know much about insulatard.:confused:🙂Bev

its still 18 i see my gp thursday am gonna be a axward patient and demand to get am emergenty appoiment at diabetic clinic this needs to be sorted. I think my insulin needs a really good hike. As i mentioned on another thread i have really bad trush (sorry guys) got something over the counter and its not worked and my skin is itching all over i had this once before when levels were very high. Im drinking like a fish today i have had 6 one litre bottles of flavoured water (its sugar free). If weeing were an omlipic sport i would get the gold lol
Good news I dont have keytones. Last time things were like this i ended up in hospital and i think thats wot im scared of happening again, but im thinking thats where i will end up again
I have insulin once a day

saw gp hes put up insulin to 55 units a day asked him can it be put up by more his reply we dont you having a hypo do we. im beginning to get pissed off with this im tired of feeling tired all the time, drinking like a fish,itching all over my body, constant thrush and weeing all the time. Still good news i dont have keytones. Have just left a message on diabetic clinics nurse asking her to get in touch will not hear from them until tuesday i guess now

Hi, when I first came out of hospital and had to deal with my injections, I was on Insulatard - 32 units a day. My DSN told me to take half in the morning and half at night and that really helped keep me level. I don't know how this works but I know it was good for me before I went on to Novorapid.

I hope you get the help you need to get this under control very soon. Put your foot down with a firm hand when you see the GP! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back