Question about my other half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yesterday afternoon he said his back was acheing him so i put some biofreeze on last night before he went to bed,now this morning he left work as usual for 5 o clock i bumped into him on the way down to the supermarket and he said his back was still sore and he had no feelings in his right arm or hand has anyone any idea what it can be? I thought about his job as a posty but he uses his lower body more then anything.He is a typical bloke and would only ever go to the docs if his life depended on it.

Cheers

Sounds like a pinched or trapped nerve or muscle strain. If he will go to the doctor, get him to get it looked at medically just to rule everything out.

Sounds like a pinched or trapped nerve or muscle strain. If he will go to the doctor, get him to get it looked at medically just to rule everything out.

So would the back pain and the loss of sensation be related?

could be hun ...try and get him to have it checked x🙂

So would the back pain and the loss of sensation be related?

More than likely. Getting it checked is as much for peace of mind as anything else. Worrying makes it feel worse than it really is.

He is booked in for docs appointment at 3.30 this afternoon.

Let us know how he gets on. I hope there is something to help ease the pain and make him feel better.

Let us know how he gets on. I hope there is something to help ease the pain and make him feel better.

He's already said he wont be going in tomorrow.Thanks Caroline I will x

I hope his back gets better soon hun and the doctors appointment goes well I'm surprised you persuaded him, my hubby is the same about going to the doctors 🙄. Let us know how he gets on xx

Well his back has spasmed again so she said anti-immflammotories and nurofen for now, she said his job aint the best to have in his situation but what can he do, so i think it will be indoor duties for the forseeable.She said the reason for the pins and needle feeling in his hand was due to inflammation in his back .

Glad the other half saw the doc about his sore back. I hope he feels better soon. I was talking to someone else who said this is a common problem amongst postmen.

Glad the other half saw the doc about his sore back. I hope he feels better soon. I was talking to someone else who said this is a common problem amongst postmen.

Yeah she said the same, i said to him was that all she could do, but he did tell her of the neck pain in his neck also, she said right i can do something about that take off your top and tell me when i hit the pain so when she did he yelped in pain and she said ohh yes i can feel where it is knotted and whatever she did with her thumbs it worked lol.

Has he been signed off for a short while then? Back pain has to be one of the worst pains, I hope that he's back to normal soon xx

Has he been signed off for a short while then? Back pain has to be one of the worst pains, I hope that he's back to normal soon xx

No sick note no hun, he is deciding weather to go back tomorrow or not on indoor duties, all depends if the boss agrees.

backs are a right pain, and necks, I guess it's not helped by his trade! I don't help myself by having rubbish posture, always learning over or at a bar!!

I once had a massage and my back felt really good but I would be cautious about that if I was already in pain.

A friends wife has a bad back almost chronic not sure, but she finds walking up hill is very good for her as it forces her to have good posture, and for her problem exercise is good. But obviously your fella Steff is pretty active already!

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Rossi 🙂

Has the Dr given him a note explaining the problem. If work now that what they are doing can cause him problems they should make reasonable adjustments. Though what is reasonable is one of those undefinable things.

Hope he is feeling better soon.

Has the Dr given him a note explaining the problem. If work now that what they are doing can cause him problems they should make reasonable adjustments. Though what is reasonable is one of those undefinable things.

Hope he is feeling better soon.

doc gave him nothing, they know the situation it has happened on at least 3 occasions margie, he starts going back on light duties then they try and sneak in that little bit more every day till eventually he starts back on his round again.

Hi Steff
Just seen this, sorry to hear hubby is having back pain i fully sympathise with him, as i suffer with bk pain everyday.
Your back is the most important part of your body & is hard to diagnose without a MRI but yes numbness is part of it all, sounds like traped or damaged nerve ending.
Very common in his line of work, the same as nurses & carers.
anti inflamatries are prescibed normally along with pain killers. he did right by going to the gp, but he must try not to rush back to work as it can be more damaging if he continues with his deliveries, light duties should be considered, post office management are usually prety good that way.
Hope he feels better soon & the pain eases for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back