Question about lantus pen

corriefan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi if the lantus pen looks like this does this mean I can't use it?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2024-08-09-20-05-48-852.jpg
    IMG_2024-08-09-20-05-48-852.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 29
Can't make out what pic is showing so what's the issue?

Used lantus before changing to pump so have some experience.

Hi Just that it's a bit black bear the end thank you X

Only use phone so pic just isn't clear or big enough to pick up issue.

Can only assume black bit is end of plunger that pushes insulin out of pen, if its right up needle end then your pen is ended with no more insulin left. I'm I on right track here?

@nonethewiser I am looking at it on my PC and I can't see the problem unless as you say it it the black rubber of the plunger but the phot is not very clear. The plunger is green on my Levemir and red on my Fiasp which makes it obvious it isn't the insulin. Once you get to the end of the insulin the pen will stop dispensing, so you should be fine to use it until it won't dial up anymore units.

If we are misunderstanding then can you take another picture on a clear white background so that we can tell what you are meaning.

@nonethewiser I am looking at it on my PC and I can't see the problem unless as you say it it the black rubber of the plunger but the phot is not very clear. The plunger is green on my Levemir and red on my Fiasp which makes it obvious it isn't the insulin. Once you get to the end of the insulin the pen will stop dispensing, so you should be fine to use it until it won't dial up anymore units.

If we are misunderstanding then can you take another picture on a clear white background so that we can tell what you are meaning.

It's been some time but sure plunger end is black in lantus pens, well disposable ones anyway which I used before switch.

This is a new pen, it should look like this, the black plunger bit should move down as the insulin gets used. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20240812_165006.jpg
    20240812_165006.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240812_165011.jpg
    20240812_165011.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 7
If the black is in the liquid you should not use it, the liquid should be clear. If the black is the flat bit you see in other photos above then it’s ok to use, that’s just the plunger.

Thank you all so much for replying,I will upload a clearer picture later . just one more question I've developed this on foot does anyone think it's anything to be worried about.i saw diabetes consultant at hospital last week and she said im doing well controlling my fouclo

Attachments

• IMG_2024-08-13-17-39-05-255.jpg
    IMG_2024-08-13-17-39-05-255.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 18
Is it an insect bite?

Hi Lucy thank you for replying maybe it is but since I've been diagnosed I've been so careful wearing socks most of the time and shoes.

Back