Question about cloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimli

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just a simple question read an article saying cloves are good for diabetics .
Then read one that said good for liver .
Oooh I thought sounds good .
Then one said not good.
Does anyone know the truth.
I'm almost through menopause I have achy joints ect.
Work in school often busy
I do not want more meds so was looking at vitamins.

I'm afraid there is always articles saying this or that is good for diabetics and unless they are backed up with sound medical research then I think take with a pinch of salt and concentrate on good diet and make sure you are not deficient in any vitamins particularly B12.
There is people willing to part you from your money with outrageous claims fortunately most die a death pretty quickly, remember the raspberry ketones for magical weight loss.

I'm afraid there is always articles saying this or that is good for diabetics and unless they are backed up with sound medical research then I think take with a pinch of salt and concentrate on good diet and make sure you are not deficient in any vitamins particularly B12.
There is people willing to part you from your money with outrageous claims fortunately most die a death pretty quickly, remember the raspberry ketones for magical weight loss.
Thank you yes that was my worry .I'm not expecting a magic cure just didn't want extra meds .
But your right

I love the taste of cloves in food but have honestly never seen anything telling me they were 'good for diabetics' but there again I only ever search trusted sources for any food advice. Read a news article this morning about James Martin (the chef) having a rant about the world and his dog constantly telling us we need to eat less saturated fat and salt whereas he reckons people should never be put off cooking good wholesome meals for themselves and their families daily. Well yeah OK James, but there again so many people these days don't or can't do that very thing (maybe they literally have no cooking skills because their parents didn't encourage them to cook or (now especially) no money) and the danger is they resort to consuming ready-made crap so once they eat one eg Pringle, before they know it they've eaten a whole tube of em, instead of stopping at the sensible 3-ish and saving the rest to enjoy another day).

Anyway - excerpt form the BBC Good Food site about cloves and it does mention blood glucose - but read the caveats they also state - tested on animals, which animals cos we're human animals not any other sort - and we know they use a lot of mice in medical experiments but just cos whatever works well for them, that doesn't automatically mean it'll work the same way for us.

I'd say by all means continue to enjoy their taste cos they won't do you any harm AFAIK - but merely don't expect any benefit either.

I love the taste of cloves in food but have honestly never seen anything telling me they were 'good for diabetics' but there again I only ever search trusted sources for any food advice. Read a news article this morning about James Martin (the chef) having a rant about the world and his dog constantly telling us we need to eat less saturated fat and salt whereas he reckons people should never be put off cooking good wholesome meals for themselves and their families daily. Well yeah OK James, but there again so many people these days don't or can't do that very thing (maybe they literally have no cooking skills because their parents didn't encourage them to cook or (now especially) no money) and the danger is they resort to consuming ready-made crap so once they eat one eg Pringle, before they know it they've eaten a whole tube of em, instead of stopping at the sensible 3-ish and saving the rest to enjoy another day).

Anyway - excerpt form the BBC Good Food site about cloves and it does mention blood glucose - but read the caveats they also state - tested on animals, which animals cos we're human animals not any other sort - and we know they use a lot of mice in medical experiments but just cos whatever works well for them, that doesn't automatically mean it'll work the same way for us.

I'd say by all means continue to enjoy their taste cos they won't do you any harm AFAIK - but merely don't expect any benefit either.

Hi , It's a strange world because trophywench says she likes the taste of cloves , they make me sick.

It's similar to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for me , separately I love them but mixed together worse than cloves.

Hi , It's a strange world because trophywench says she likes the taste of cloves , they make me sick.

It's similar to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for me , separately I love them but mixed together worse than cloves.
A bit like my OH, likes courgette, aubergines, peppers, tomatoes but combined together in ratatouille absolutely hates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back