question about blood pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina1962

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I saw my DN today for my hba1c results (separate post) and i have put on 10lbs in weight since january and she said my blood pressure was a little high and she has put this down to my weight gain. She didn't mention medication so my question is - what does the reading have to be before medication is prescribed? mine was 135/93

They like it to be 130/80 for diabetics, although hey don't necessarily put you on meds if it's a little higher. Mine is currently 150/100 so I'd love to have yours! My GP also put my rise down to the extra weight I've gained recently. I think the lower figure is most important (the 80). She might put you on a low dose of something if you can't improve it (which stresses you and raises it!).

thanks Northerner, i'll knuckle down to try and get my 10lbs off plus more if i can and see what it reads next time i see the DN in 6 months time. My friend who is non-diabetic and has been slim all her life is on medication for high blood pressure but she does smoke and drink.

thanks Northerner, i'll knuckle down to try and get my 10lbs off plus more if i can and see what it reads next time i see the DN in 6 months time. My friend who is non-diabetic and has been slim all her life is on medication for high blood pressure but she does smoke and drink.

That's the spirit! :D

If she stopped smoking and moderated the drinking she could probably stop the pills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back