QOF indicators set for threshold hike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicsetter

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Read the full list of indicators for which the Department of Health wants to see the upper thresholds raised to reflect the performance of the top quarter of practices from April 2013

[you will need to be registered with Pulse to see this, but it is free.]

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/home/us...1&spJobID=171581306&spReportId=MTcxNTgxMzA2S0

BP target is 150/90 or less
total cholesterol is 5mmol/l or less
2 indicators for HBA1c 59mmol/mol (7.5%) and 75mmol/mol (9.5%)

I like the comment by Mark below the article. Just as with other things where targets govern (like education), the individual becomes lost in a statistic :(

As did I, however I was concerned that some of the other articles on QOF targets included anonymous comments from GPs talking about retiring early.

As did I, however I was concerned that some of the other articles on QOF targets included anonymous comments from GPs talking about retiring early.

Have you read Sick Notes: True Stories from the GP's Surgery? Well worth a read (quite funny!) and gives a good insight into the welter of bureaucracy that doctors have to deal with to appease the pen-pushers. I'm all for achievements to be measured but it does seem to take up far too much of a doctor's day to day life, much in the same way that police officers have to spend more time at the desk than pounding the beat :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back