puzzler

Status
Not open for further replies.

topcat123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
was at my nurse yesterday for a check up and recieved my results for hba1c and the results was too low????? 6.2 and she wants me at 6.7 and took me off the gliczide for 2 weeks and go back any way been walking outside all day and been to the zumba tonight and when i got home i did my blood sugar and it was sitting at 10. 😱

now im beginning to wonder if my whole two weeks going to be in double figures and if so how am i going to get in down 12 hrs of zumba i dont think so but any advice would be grateful

Wow topcat thats is confusing a nurse saying your hbA is to low, theres many in here with hbAs lower then you and as far as im aware none have been told to try and up it :confused: and do you do other exercise bar zumba?

This is presumably what I reported a while ago - the new NHS targets for Type 2s you are supposed to get to as close to 7 for your hba1c and not what we have all worked to as low as you can without hypos.

If it's the research I'm thinking of, I'm not sure I'm convinced by it. If you are not having hypos with your A1c at that level then Id say you should be congratulated.

was at my nurse yesterday for a check up and recieved my results for hba1c and the results was too low????? 6.2 and she wants me at 6.7 and took me off the gliczide for 2 weeks and go back any way been walking outside all day and been to the zumba tonight and when i got home i did my blood sugar and it was sitting at 10. 😱

now im beginning to wonder if my whole two weeks going to be in double figures and if so how am i going to get in down 12 hrs of zumba i dont think so but any advice would be grateful

i am not surprised any more graham goes up and his friend 6.5 is too low and is not valid because of to many hypo what is wright or wrong ???

Maybe it has something to do with the gliclazide? That can easily cause hypos and so perhaps that's why they'd rather people run a slightly higher HbA1c when taking it. Although, it's a bit odd if they stop you taking it. It needs to be better explained, I think!

If someone is diet exercise controlled or on metformin, I can't see why being below that level isn't a good thing. After all, my level was 5.9 and that has to be a natural level without hypos. I'd strongly resist any suggestion that I try to get it higher!

Andy

mmm im totaly lost now
the only other excercise i do is housework and walking and i did take hypos though sometimes i dont get the signs in the 4 and the 3s bit i did get a signed hypo once when i hit a 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back