Puzzled, what would cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Doesnt matter what time i have my dad nner, but over the last few weeks ive noticed that my bgs start rising approx 7 minutes after start of eating rising me between 2-3 mmol before my dinner starts kicking out. Consequently its impacting my bolus timing and how much im bolusing by. It doesnt always do it. I thought it was down to haning an omelette and a protien bar at lunch, so cut the omlette out and it still did it. Tried again today withouth the omlete and had an orange, pckt crisps and the prtien bar (beef for me sandwich had gone out of date so nothing for me sandwich so didnt have one).
Lunch totaled 30g carbs. Surely its not the protien from the protien bar? Lunch is 1pm every day.

Do you mean dinner ie lunch or dinner evening meal @gillrogers ? Perhaps your bolus has run out from your previous meal? Humalog has a kick in the tail but it then pretty much peters out so your blood sugar could rise if your basal isn’t enough or if you overtreated any low even by a tiny bit (I’ve done that a lot of times).

Do you mean dinner ie lunch or dinner evening meal @gillrogers ? Perhaps your bolus has run out from your previous meal? Humalog has a kick in the tail but it then pretty much peters out so your blood sugar could rise if your basal isn’t enough or if you overtreated any low even by a tiny bit (I’ve done that a lot of times).
Its my evening meal. Yes my kick had already happened. Its around 4 and a half hours after injecting. It might be basal then. Having trouble with my evening and getting it all in again gggrrrrrr, driving me crazy. Now think im being too careful in an attempt not to squeeze it out and still managaing it ‍♀️. Actually more like my dodgy finger i cut the other day , nearly chopped the side of the tip right off chopping an onion, so i am a bit cachanded at the moment. ‍♀️

Yes its gotta be the basal , its 12 hours since breakfast and 24 hours since the previous evening dose.

@Inka just had my appointment with my consultant changed to the end of April now. Hopefully theyll have a plan of support for me that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back