Push Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am getting increasingly irritated by the pop-up asking if I want Push Notifications. If I close it I get a larger pop up (see photograph) that at times prevents me replying. I have had them from other organisations and find them more annoying than useful! @Josh DUK can you do something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106_105539_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211106_105539_com.android.chrome.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 29
Sorry to hear about your frustration @MikeyBikey

Let me know if that ‘never ask again’ link doesn’t work for any reason, and I’ll see if there’s another way to set your choice. 🙂

Sorry to hear about your frustration @MikeyBikey

Let me know if that ‘never ask again’ link doesn’t work for any reason, and I’ll see if there’s another way to set your choice. 🙂

The "Never ask again" option worked but after about a week returned. Also for some reason the option is clearer on the screenshot than the actual screen. Maybe more contrasting colourways are needed?

Last edited:
The "Never ask again" option worked but after about a week returned. Also for some reason the option is clearer on the screenshot than the actual screen. Maybe more contrasting colourways are needed?

I'll look into that and see if it can be made more obvious. 🙂

Have you removed the cookies from the site in the last week?

I don't even know if I want them or not - don't know what they are, what they do or what they are for.
At least we are not asked to click on the images that have some sort of feature in them - I have been unable to reply to some forums because they ask in a different form of the English language.

I don't even know if I want them or not - don't know what they are, what they do or what they are for.
At least we are not asked to click on the images that have some sort of feature in them - I have been unable to reply to some forums because they ask in a different form of the English language.
I don't know what they are, what they do, or if i need them. Can you or anyone enlighten me

I prefer not to have push notifications.

I believe they would alert you when your web browser was open and looking at other sites of you received a notification or alert on the forum.

It’s part of the forum software, not something that DUK have specifically added.

Hope you can find the settings that suit you @Anjery

I’ve not had the banner re-appear after choosing ’never ask me again’ 🙂

I click on 'ask me another time' - every time! A slight pain, but keeps my options open!! The box then disappears while I am logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back