Pumping up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarbum

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hey friends! 😱

Some of you may remember my woes about a month or two ago, literally reading to loose the plot about not getting a pump clinic referal. Some of you gave me some great advice and just kept me hangin' on in there!

Thanks for that, and I have news! After blocking the consultant in the doorway at the DAFNE update day (Im sure they pay her a lot of money to stand around and chat to me?!) she was good enough to take my name down, bring my appointment forward, take over my care, see me in a joint Dr/DSN appointment the other day and 'fast track' me into the pump clinic! I have a 'Pre-assessment' with the pump clinic nurse on thursday, she says we will work out the format of how we go about a trial of the pump over the next few weeks 🙂

I feel much relief. I have decided I am going to keep some sort of diary when I go through this process, whether it be written or a video diary. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks for your on-going support. Hoping you all are staying healthy too 😎

I'm really pleased to hear that you've been fast tracked. Shows that being persistent is worthwhile.

well good luck for thursday hun i had good news myself ive finally got some ones a**e kicked enough to get me an appt with a dietician so all good

r.e the diary i have kept a written diary since 3 days after my diagnosis of everyobdy i have seen or lack of in my case and all my good bad days its always worth keeping a record for one reason or another

Brilliant news.... good luck on thursday :D

Brilliant news! Please do keep a diary - if Alex goes on a pump it would be invaluable to us! More importantly you can watch for patterns or trends etc.. and hopefully help towards better control.🙂 Bev

Thats fantastic news. hopefully you will be pumping soon!

I think it's a great idea to keep some kind of record.

Hey friends! 😱

Some of you may remember my woes about a month or two ago, literally reading to loose the plot about not getting a pump clinic referal. Some of you gave me some great advice and just kept me hangin' on in there!

Thanks for that, and I have news! After blocking the consultant in the doorway at the DAFNE update day (Im sure they pay her a lot of money to stand around and chat to me?!) she was good enough to take my name down, bring my appointment forward, take over my care, see me in a joint Dr/DSN appointment the other day and 'fast track' me into the pump clinic! I have a 'Pre-assessment' with the pump clinic nurse on thursday, she says we will work out the format of how we go about a trial of the pump over the next few weeks 🙂

I feel much relief. I have decided I am going to keep some sort of diary when I go through this process, whether it be written or a video diary. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks for your on-going support. Hoping you all are staying healthy too 😎

great to here you are getting sorted! diary sounds good too. Have you already got funding sorted too?

great to here you are getting sorted! diary sounds good too. Have you already got funding sorted too?

I havent got funding sorted as I havent been asked to. I will wait and see what happens. I am lucky to attend a very well off foundation trust hospital (and I work there too!) but by funding I presume you are refering to my PCT? That may be tricky, but at this stage of the game Im ready for the fight! If I dont get funding I shall be making it very well known....!

I keep a diary (looks more like a balance sheet of numbers!) but I was referring to more of a written diary, thoughts/feelings etc. I regret I didnt do that from diagnosis as I found it so trauma I seem to have blocked a lot out or forgotten it completely. I would love to reflect on it all now which is why I was thinking of putting pen to paper. I got a dvd camcorder for christmas- I feel a feature film comming on!

good luck, let us know how you get on.🙂

Just to update, my DSN asked me my postcode and then said she'll sort it and there wont be a problem. Nothing else was said so I shall leave that in her capable hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back