Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marier

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys when you all got your Pump was it New ??? I thought mine was until tonight when i went into history then bolus n goes all the way back to 14th Nov 2012:confused::confused::confused::confused: Considering i got my lovely brand new pump on the 29th Feb 2013 thin il be bring this up at Diabetes Clinic tommr where were having our 6 week catch up .

This will most probably be when it completed testing and quality sign off - nearly everything you buy will have a few months on the clock by the time you get it 🙂

The pumps are supposed to have a life span of 4 years, and they have a count down on them, so the SN will know when to have them replaced. Its very unlikly it will be seconhand, and as My Northerner says, it's prob when they finished thestin, or at some point the date could have been set wrong.

The pumps are supposed to have a life span of 4 years, and they have a count down on them, so the SN will know when to have them replaced. Its very unlikly it will be seconhand, and as My Northerner says, it's prob when they finished thestin, or at some point the date could have been set wrong.

They don't have a count down.
The Roche spirit pump used to have one, but that has been removed now.
The only pump with issues now is the animas, this is due to a problem with software nothing else.
Animas have notified customers affected by this glitch and pumps are or have been replaced when needed with the new Vibe pump.
The warranty lasts for four years though 🙂

Hi So you guys think its just beeen Animas Testing them ??? I checkd with another 2 people who i was on pump course with and there first date of entry is the day wee got started on Saline, When i went threw it it starts on the 16 th Nov 2012 n had entrys nearlyevery day up to 20th Dec 2012.I started saline on 29th Jan Checked with Diabetes Team and they dont think it right either but are going to speak to rep about it and if he feels i warant a New 1 then il get ,Im bit dissapointed that it not brand new or few months on the clock but it does seem to be working ok havent had nay probs with it

Hi So you guys think its just beeen Animas Testing them ??? I checkd with another 2 people who i was on pump course with and there first date of entry is the day wee got started on Saline, When i went threw it it starts on the 16 th Nov 2012 n had entrys nearlyevery day up to 20th Dec 2012.I started saline on 29th Jan Checked with Diabetes Team and they dont think it right either but are going to speak to rep about it and if he feels i warant a New 1 then il get ,Im bit dissapointed that it not brand new or few months on the clock but it does seem to be working ok havent had nay probs with it

No that's def not right Marie,
Sounds as if you have a second hand pump. Contact animas and ask them why this has happened. Also point out that your PCT paid for a new pump not a second hand pump.

Has 6 week app check at Diabetes Centre this am and was told she would speak to rep about it and see when they would be getting there test 1 . If they get a test one which will be brand new ??? then thely just swap it for mine il have new one diabetes team will have mine feel i wont have any say if i phoned animas direct would inot be better leaving with Diabetes Team and if no joy within a month then il deal wit hit myself or do you think i should over run diabtes team member and contact Animas myself

Has 6 week app check at Diabetes Centre this am and was told she would speak to rep about it and see when they would be getting there test 1 . If they get a test one which will be brand new ??? then thely just swap it for mine il have new one diabetes team will have mine feel i wont have any say if i phoned animas direct would inot be better leaving with Diabetes Team and if no joy within a month then il deal wit hit myself or do you think i should over run diabtes team member and contact Animas myself

Hi Marie,
as your team have said they will deal with it let them do so. If no joy after a couple of weeks give them a prod.

Basically phoned Animas and its down to my Team to sort and Team member should of known that i had a demo pump and told me which she didnt . Animas wont do anything about it Team says as long as its working basically nowt they can do caus pink was popular colour and Scotland recived a massive amount of pumps some of them were demo that patients got ,Which i personaly dont think is right If it says NEW then it should be I dont want to go buy a New Oven to go to shop for sales assistant to tell m och i took it home last night and cooked a casserole in it but dint like it so brought it back but it still cost ?3000.00 I can ony hope that sometime in future when they recive more pumps i mite be able to do a swap for a new one and clinic can have my one as Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back