Pump straps

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Have been looking at the pump straps, clips and holders on accu checks website. In particular the clip so It can be clipped to a belt or the sports strap and the thigh strap which has a pocket for the pump. Anyone got these and are they any good or can recommend an alternative, thanks in advance.

Thanks for the link red 🙂

Have been looking at the pump straps, clips and holders on accu checks website. In particular the clip so It can be clipped to a belt or the sports strap and the thigh strap which has a pocket for the pump. Anyone got these and are they any good or can recommend an alternative, thanks in advance.

When I was issued with my pump I received three different holsters: a plastic belt clip, a suede pocket on a cord, and a smart little springy black belt clip.

I mainly used the plastic clip until the spring went, Accucheck sent me another one free but it's not quite as good as it doesn't have a spring, just a bendy bit of plastic so there is no adjustment for thick or thin waist bands.

I also have a skin, which I now use most of the time because it's black and so is less prominent. It also works on the basis of a stiff bit of plastic gripping my belt.

I bought a couple of the thigh straps which work using suspender straps which you clip to your underwear - I bought them specifically for wearing under a dress and I definitely wouldn't recommend doing exercise in them as they don't have a very strong grip. I also would take the recommended sizings with a pinch of salt as the ones I got are very loose. They are nice and soft though and quite comfortable.

My pump also came with a strap - I don't know whether this is the sports strap you mentioned. It's just a length of webbing with velcro at one end. I use this to give me something to clip my pump to at night as the elastic in pyjamas isn't strong enough to keep the pump in place. I haven't tried using it for sport but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I've been looking for something to place my pump in under my shirt but most of the belts I found have plastic clips or velcro fastening which I found uncomfortable. I was considering trying to find a lycra supplier to make something more comfortable and then stumbled across a company called Diabete-Ezy who sell a lycra band that has no fasteners and also fits snug to the body. I've had it a week and it works reasonably well. I think if I had a "normal" stomach and not one deformed by my pancreas operations it would be perfect.

Even if you do not want the product I would recommend a visit to the web site. The company is owned by Steve Renouff who back in the 1980's & 90's was my number 1 sporting hero. It turns out that at that time when he was one of the worlds top rugby league players he was also a T1 diabetic. One of the reasons for his family setting up the company is that 4 of his children are also T1 and pumping. You can only admire what he and his wife are doing. Visit the following web site for the full story....

http://diabete-ezy.com/About-Us-pg15155.html

PS the Cumfy Fit Insulin Pump Belt can be bought from Diabetes UK.

Have you tried www.funkypumpers.com ? They do different kinds of accessories to hold the pump - belts, lycra bands, thigh bands, pouches....

Last edited:
Lol, just been looking on the funky pumpers site, there is a bikini/bra pump pouch in the lycra section ( obvs not for you Brett) was thinking of our lady pumpers 😎

Lol, just been looking on the funky pumpers site, there is a bikini/bra pump pouch in the lycra section ( obvs not for you Brett) was thinking of our lady pumpers 😎

Lol I did chuckle 🙂

Ordered the ones from accu chek. Seemed to be around the same price as others if not a little cheaper.

Got a clip to go on the pump, to clip to jeans/belt/strap
A neoprene case for the pump.
An arm strap to clip pump to.
and a lycra thigh strap with a built in pouch, handy for when doing upper body exercise.
the above cost ?65.00 :0(

I've been looking for something to place my pump in under my shirt but most of the belts I found have plastic clips or velcro fastening which I found uncomfortable. I was considering trying to find a lycra supplier to make something more comfortable and then stumbled across a company called Diabete-Ezy who sell a lycra band that has no fasteners and also fits snug to the body. I've had it a week and it works reasonably well. I think if I had a "normal" stomach and not one deformed by my pancreas operations it would be perfect.

Even if you do not want the product I would recommend a visit to the web site. The company is owned by Steve Renouff who back in the 1980's & 90's was my number 1 sporting hero. It turns out that at that time when he was one of the worlds top rugby league players he was also a T1 diabetic. One of the reasons for his family setting up the company is that 4 of his children are also T1 and pumping. You can only admire what he and his wife are doing. Visit the following web site for the full story....

http://diabete-ezy.com/About-Us-pg15155.html

PS the Cumfy Fit Insulin Pump Belt can be bought from Diabetes UK.
Wow, just read their story, and really how much bad news can one family take! All 5 of their children have been affected by a medical condition - as if 4 kids with type 1 wasn't enough, the little girl has a brain tumour. Amazing parents.....

I havent seen this but i somtimes put my pump in my bra, its very comfortable and cant be seen under clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back