Pump Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

astbury1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys. I have an animas vibe pump on the NHS. Just wondering how long do you generally have to wait if you want to try and upgrade (if one becomes available) or swap to a different one? Is there a number of years I have to wait?

Only reason am asking is I got the animas for the dexcom G4-. A new dexcom will be coming out G5 which will not work with the animas vibe as it is now.....potential a new one will be intergrated

I would check with your clinic. Usually insulin pumps have a warranty period (my Veo's is 4 years) and the clinic will review/replace once the warranty has expired and the pump develops a fault - since the manufacturer will no longer replace a pump out of warranty.

Hi guys. I have an animas vibe pump on the NHS. Just wondering how long do you generally have to wait if you want to try and upgrade (if one becomes available) or swap to a different one? Is there a number of years I have to wait?

Only reason am asking is I got the animas for the dexcom G4-. A new dexcom will be coming out G5 which will not work with the animas vibe as it is now.....potential a new one will be intergrated

You have to wait 4 years for a new pump from the day you started pumping. Obviously if your pump malfunctions when the new pump comes out you will have the new one 🙂
I have heard rumours and it's only rumours it will be 2 years before the new Animas pump comes out.
Then again another rep told me that the USA have only just got the Vibe so it will be a while before the pump is available.

Cheers for the info! I thought I had read 4 years somewhere however was not sure.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back