Pump newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1dnc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Finally started on my pump (Accu-Chek Combo) yesterday after a long, long wait.

The Roche rep and DSN were great, and very patient, in setting me up.

The first BG after starting was too high, so I took a correction dose as recommended by the machine, which sent me into a hypo. Hey ho, residual Lantus I guess. Since then all OK.

The only problem was that flailing my arms around in bed last night, I managed to yank on the tubing. It didn't dislodge the cannula (Roche steel D-link), but it was very sore this morning so I decided to change it. Now, comfort restored.

I've put on a little bit of tape to hold down the cannula 'tail' and I hope this will lessen the impact if I do the same again. Any other suggestions?

David

I've put on a little bit of tape to hold down the cannula 'tail' and I hope this will lessen the impact if I do the same again. Any other suggestions?

David

Hello David,
welcome to the forum and the world of pumping 🙂

Tie your arms together!😱:D

Finally started on my pump (Accu-Chek Combo) yesterday after a long, long wait.

The Roche rep and DSN were great, and very patient, in setting me up.

The first BG after starting was too high, so I took a correction dose as recommended by the machine, which sent me into a hypo. Hey ho, residual Lantus I guess. Since then all OK.

The only problem was that flailing my arms around in bed last night, I managed to yank on the tubing. It didn't dislodge the cannula (Roche steel D-link), but it was very sore this morning so I decided to change it. Now, comfort restored.

David

Welcome to the forum David, I have the same type of pump as you.....I am sure you will get used to it pretty quickly and enjoy the benefits of pumping! 🙂

Me too (same pump) but I use Flexlinks which don't have a 'tail' - though I'm sure I'd do that too if I did. The Flexlinks stick like err a very sticky thing to a blanket!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back