pump information

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
Can anyone give me a brief outline of how a pump actually works? I would like to gain as much information as possible for my visit to clinic on monday - as they say knowledge is power! I know that you can alter how slow or fast insulin is delivered - but thats about it i am afraid - so any more detailed information would be appreciated! Bev

Hi all,
Can anyone give me a brief outline of how a pump actually works? I would like to gain as much information as possible for my visit to clinic on monday - as they say knowledge is power! I know that you can alter how slow or fast insulin is delivered - but thats about it i am afraid - so any more detailed information would be appreciated! Bev

Hi Bev, what you need to do is a google search for insulin pumps.
Then have a good read of the info. This way you can put into your own words what you expect from one.
You also need to say why Alex needs one. Have you actually asked Alex if he wants one? Also does he understand what is involved with a pump?
This is a good place to start http://www.input.me.uk/

Sue

Hi Sue,
Yes i have asked Alex - at first he said absolutely not - now way - ever! Then we joined a childrens forum and he read some of the advantages of a pump etc and he is now desperate for one! Thanks Sue. Bev

p.s. Thanks for the link - it looks great - i will give it a thorough read tomorrow - thanks. Bev

Hi Sue,
I have read the link you gave me - it has answered all the questions i had - and has given me an idea of how to put across the reasons why i think Alex would benefit from having one! Thanks again.:D Bev

Hi Sue,
I have read the link you gave me - it has answered all the questions i had - and has given me an idea of how to put across the reasons why i think Alex would benefit from having one! Thanks again.:D Bev

Hi Bev,
You are more than welcome. Make sure Alex knows what to say too :D
If you have any problems at all ring John Davis from INPUT he is ace as are all the team.
Good luck on Monday.

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back