Pump holder...not velcro

Status
Not open for further replies.

worriedT1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I find my current pump holder slips down the leg with velcro and I have to hold it up.
Does anyone know where I can get one that uses a buckle or clip....going to weddings this summer and really don't want to worry about pump holder falling down

No idea what pump holder has velcro.

My pump usually lives in a trouser pocket. For weddings and suchlike occasions when I wear a dress, I have made a little cotton washable pocket which I pin onto the lining of the dress with 2 safety pins. Works with trousers/skirts that have no pockets. I just pin it inside the waistband.

I used HidIn pump belts.
These are great because they do not slip, they have no fastenings so not bulky and you have a choice of colours.
I wrap them twice around my thigh when wearing a dress.
I found anything else was too bulky and showed a bulge in a dress.

Welcome to the forum @worriedT1 Glad that you have found us.

I am another user of Hid-in belts. Like @helli I double wrap it on my thigh when wearing a dress.
I had expanded one to wear around my middle and then even on the smallest length it was too big for my leg.
I double wrapped and that worked well.

On my previous Combo I did not need to access it during the day so I made a pouch which I hung from my bra strap.
It was a bit of lump at the side but mainly covered by my arm, and more comfortable than tucking it in my bra.

I shall look out for other replies as I am still looking for different ways of dealing with this.

Hi
I find my current pump holder slips down the leg with velcro and I have to hold it up.
Does anyone know where I can get one that uses a buckle or clip....going to weddings this summer and really don't want to worry about pump holder falling down

Use a Tubigrip bandage. Cut 6 inches or so off a Tubigrip strip (obviously buy a large size), put the Tubigrip on your thigh and slide the pump into it. I always use those and they work very well. You need it snug but not tight. The elastic holds the pump well.

I also have a bra bag that clips onto the side on my bra so that the little bag holding the pump hangs down under my arm.

I love the Hid-in belts for my waist and wear them everyday, but I don’t find them as good on my thigh so I always use the Tubigrip. Cheap too!

Use a Tubigrip bandage. Cut 6 inches or so off a Tubigrip strip (obviously buy a large size), put the Tubigrip on your thigh and slide the pump into it. I always use those and they work very well. You need it snug but not tight. The elastic holds the pump well.

I also have a bra bag that clips onto the side on my bra so that the little bag holding the pump hangs down under my arm.

I love the Hid-in belts for my waist and wear them everyday, but I don’t find them as good on my thigh so I always use the Tubigrip. Cheap too!

Great idea! Am going to try this.

Great idea! Am going to try this.

While you’re finding the right size, maybe go for a cheaper generic version. I can’t remember what mine is for. I think it might have said Large Knee, but you’ll find one that fits you. It’s so easy. I wash mine and re-use them too and they last ages without losing elastic.

Nice one @Inka. This may be easier to get the pump in and out of. I shall try it before any ‘event‘ where a descending pump would be a little more embarrassing.

The pump goes long-ways down your leg inside the Tubigrip and you need the Tubigrip long enough to cover each end of the pump plus a bit more so that you have an inch or so each end against your skin. I slide the pump down inside the Tubigrip on the inside of my thigh and it’s comfortable and not visible.

Hi
Found this girl on YouTube. She refers to a clip found on Amazon. Here's the fashion piece on pumps fyi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back