Pump guidlines help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie48

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, I'm new to Diabetes UK and Forum-ing! but thought I would just see what everyone thinks. I've just had a review with the diabetic nurse with regards to possibly going on to a pump! I've been Type 1 since 1994, but not well controlled, she has shown me two pumps, Omnipod and Accu-Chek Aviva Insight. They both look good but I'm thinking Omnipod as I don't feel confident with the tubing, I've tried the Libra Sensor and thought that was good, but unable to fund for myself anymore, so happy to have the pump attached. She also said that they would need to see if I meet the NICE guidelines!!! Anyone know what they are?
Oh and I'm not up to date with abbreviations, sorry.

Hi all, I'm new to Diabetes UK and Forum-ing! but thought I would just see what everyone thinks. I've just had a review with the diabetic nurse with regards to possibly going on to a pump! I've been Type 1 since 1994, but not well controlled, she has shown me two pumps, Omnipod and Accu-Chek Aviva Insight. They both look good but I'm thinking Omnipod as I don't feel confident with the tubing, I've tried the Libra Sensor and thought that was good, but unable to fund for myself anymore, so happy to have the pump attached. She also said that they would need to see if I meet the NICE guidelines!!! Anyone know what they are?
Oh and I'm not up to date with abbreviations, sorry.
Hi Marie
Congratulations on possibly getting a pump. I hope you get one!

Hi Radders, yeah I was against them years ago but now Im looking forward to having the Omnipod one. Apparently I have to wait a month or two for the team to discuss my case then I will hear!

Hi Marie, there are a couple of us podders on the forum - myself included, so if you have any questions about the omnipod, fire away! I've been on it for just over a year and love it.

Welcome Marie
I am not a pod user but any general pump questions happy to help.

Hi Radders, yeah I was against them years ago but now Im looking forward to having the Omnipod one. Apparently I have to wait a month or two for the team to discuss my case then I will hear!
Good luck 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back