Pump day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
YAY! pump day thismorning :D im all ready to go , including big pad of paper and pen (for writing it all down ) alas i have seive brain today

Oooh! Exciting! Scary! Good luck, hope all goes well! :D

good-luck-balloon-300.jpg

Good luck, I hope it all works out well for you. Great you are organised with pad and pen to write things down!

Go Becky! I'll send you a message on Facebook with my phone number if you want someone who's not been pumping too long within reach. Hope all goes well.

Tom

thanks guys and girls :D , right im off now so will give u an update later woooooo , im so excited/nervous , i just have visions of a room full of gibbering wrecks when i get there lol xx

Wishing you lots of luck today, you will be fine even though you don't feel as though you will be at the moment. Look forward to hearing how you got on later and to offer any support you may need along the way.

Sue

Last edited:
good luck...you will be a pro before you know it.... I am also here as a 6 month's into pumping help line 🙂 not sure if we are connected on facebook????

xxxxx

well im back! , i have my pump :D , pump lesson was good and not as hard as i had emagined it to be , all seemed pretty straight forward , and the only thing i struggled with was the maths working out my basal rate ( im really bad at maths) but YAY ive got it , i have chosen the flexi infusion sets they seem to be the least cringey and have the giant attacher thingy (like a big finger pricker) it the one where you only leave the plastic tube in and not the needle , im not feeling over wealmed with info so i think its all sunk in and have to say i really like the way it works , i go back next monday to get connected and put the insulin in it and then back the day after to check how it all went over night whch is nice and makes me feel a bit more secure about starting , it my new play thing this week i get to play with it and fiddle with the buttons and work it all out although all the bases were pretty much covered in the lesson , they also gave me some sampls of the infusion set i want to use so i can have a practice at putting them in , and when i fill the warranty out and send it off i get a free set of digital scales too wooo more freebees and i was given a carb counting book for free , all round good day 🙂:D🙂

Brilliant news bex! Just thinking back to when you first arrived here - what a difference now! 🙂

hey hun glad to hear it went ok today,happy pumping.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back