Pump Clinic meeting for CGM????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyper-Suze

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I'm a little confused....had an email from consultant asking me (and others) to attend clinic on Monday and 28th to have CGM sensors.

I'm confused as I thought these were to be self funded so I don't know why they are giving us them next week?

I have a Medtronic Paradigm...have medtronic now decided to include the sensors(and consumables)?

:confused::confused::confused:

Sounds as if some sensors have been donated and he the consultant is using them on certain pumpers to check their basals and over all use of the pump and to help tweak things where needed.
So it's setup for the first meeting and removal on the second and discussing the results. 🙂

Sounds as if some sensors have been donated and he the consultant is using them on certain pumpers to check their basals and over all use of the pump and to help tweak things where needed.
So it's setup for the first meeting and removal on the second and discussing the results. 🙂

Ah that might make sense, so a bit like the Navigator I had on pre-pump assessment!?!

Thanks Sue! I'll report back if different but it sounds likely your right...

The give away is the timeing, as that's how long the sensors last for 🙂

The give away is the timeing, as that's how long the sensors last for 🙂

Nope, brill news Sue, the sensors are for us to keep, we have been given a months worth of sensors and there maybe more up for grabs later on in the year!:D

Nope, brill news Sue, the sensors are for us to keep, we have been given a months worth of sensors and there maybe more up for grabs later on in the year!:D

Wow fantastic news 🙂

Soooooooo jealous!

I don't think my clinic have a CGM at all - they have certainly never said there is a loaner one whenever I've asked.

Another sooooo jealous one here as well!

Not sure that my clinic have even a loan CGM..

I know that 4 years ago, they sort of had 1 CGM they thought! As they had a couple of years before hand purchased one to trial in paediatric clinic, but it's was one of the original CGM, which the data had to be download to a computer to view, not real time read out!

But it hadn't been used for a while, so they thought that it may be lurking somewhere in the back of a cupboard but they couldn't be sure😱

Fortunately at the present time, my control is such it wouldn't be any justification for one... But it nice to see others getting access to one though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back