pump and time change

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
When the clocks go forward , do you just change the time and leave basal rates as they are or do you put all of your basals forward one hour as well?

Just change the time 🙂
Should have added depending on the time of the change you need to also check the date on your pump is correct.

Last edited:
Hope everyone manages to get their pumps right with the change of an hour.

I don't use a pump, and I am curious, if you don't alter the time on the pumps, does it make much of a difference? The answer is probably very obvious.

Hope everyone manages to get their pumps right with the change of an hour.

I don't use a pump, and I am curious, if you don't alter the time on the pumps, does it make much of a difference? The answer is probably very obvious.

Hi Caroline yes it does make a difference due to basal rate settings. As your own body clock changes to adapt to the new hours thus your basal rate timeing needs changing on the pump. Mine from 8pm until midnight is 0.025/hour after midnight theres quite a hike to 0.700 for 2 hours then it drops again.

Sorry I'm not very good at explaining things. I'm sure someone else can phrase it better 🙂

Hi Caroline yes it does make a difference due to basal rate settings. As your own body clock changes to adapt to the new hours thus your basal rate timeing needs changing on the pump. Mine from 8pm until midnight is 0.025/hour after midnight theres quite a hike to 0.700 for 2 hours then it drops again.

Sorry I'm not very good at explaining things. I'm sure someone else can phrase it better 🙂

Thanks, it helps. I don't use a pump, but it helps to know.

Caroline - I have two patterns that I mostly use - one for weekdays and one for weekends. The main differerence is the time I usually wake up, which is different by an hour or so. The clock change is very like that. If my pump stayed on the 'old' time I wouldn't get the boost of basal I need before breakfast. Or I would get it too early and risk waking up hypo.

Flexible tweakable basal insulin delivery patterns are one of the best things about a pump.

Did anyone notice any difference with the hour change in basals ? Millie was randomly higher pre-tea but could have be due to something else ( her basal rates are much higher pm and change by the hour in some places) - not sure what though ! :confused: Steady morning and night and fine today :D

Did anyone notice any difference with the hour change in basals ? Millie was randomly higher pre-tea but could have be due to something else ( her basal rates are much higher pm and change by the hour in some places) - not sure what though ! :confused: Steady morning and night and fine today :D

I notice the change more in the winter rather than summer,many do report a topsy turvy day re numbers when the clocks change so you are not alone 🙂

I don't notice a great change in my basal that stays within reasons but's my carb/insulin ratio in the mornings that gives me grieve...

I notice the change more in the winter rather than summer,many do report a topsy turvy day re numbers when the clocks change so you are not alone 🙂

Thanks, can't remember winter one, suspect it went by in the midsts of one of the numerous colds she had 🙄

Pump and time change. Yesterday (Sunday) we put the clocks forward and I noticed a pool of water under the Punto. So had to take off and renew the water pump / thermostat / top and bottom hoses and hose clips / timing Belt / belt tensioner and finally new anti freeze. Now I feel ?70 lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back