Pump accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryPlain

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Oooh, exciting - my parcel arrived today from Roche. I ordered a skin for my Accuchek Spirit pump, along with two thigh pockets.

The skin is a good way of changing the colour of the pump. I wear my pump on my waistband and the blue colour stands out so having a black skin I hope will make it less obvious. It comes with a clip as well so I will be using this all the time. I might get some other colours now I know what it looks like.

The thigh pouches are lovely and soft. I expected them to be tighter - up to now I've been using a tubular bandage which gets a bit uncomfortable. The downside is this won't stay up on its own, but it comes with double ended suspenders to fasten it to your underwear. I'm not convinced about this. Haven't tried it yet but fear it may drag the said underwear down! I went by the measurements on the website and ordered large but I think medium might have been better. I bought a black and a white for wearing under dresses.

Does anyone else have any nifty accessories for their pump?

does anyone else have any nifty accessories for their pump?
My friend made me a leather pouch for my pump. So it's protected all the time and sits in my pocket.
Mobile phone cases are good too as long as the clip isn't magnetic.

Had some interesting comments on this blog post: How's it Hanging, though I've yet to find anything that trumps my ?1 scrunchie in terms of convenience and positioning for me. 🙂

I used to have a thigh garter thingy for under dresses. It was good in that it made me feel a bit like Angelina Joli in Tomb Raider with my pump holstered to my thigh. But other than that it used to drive me mad because I could always feel it there and constantly felt like it was going to slip down.

I just clip it in my bra now, either in the middle, or at the side.

I used to have a thigh garter thingy for under dresses. It was good in that it made me feel a bit like Angelina Joli in Tomb Raider with my pump holstered to my thigh. But other than that it used to drive me mad because I could always feel it there and constantly felt like it was going to slip down.

I just clip it in my bra now, either in the middle, or at the side.

I am hoping that the suspender thingies on my new thigh pouches will make thigh mounting more durable. At the moment I only use the tubular idea if I'm not walking very far as like you I feel insecure and I definitely wouldn't run for a bus in it.

I've always wondered how people hang their pump from their bra. Where does it sit? Maybe I am just the wrong shape but I can't find a way to make this work, and be able to access the pump when I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back