Public health cuts will lead to more sick people, report warns

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
More people will become ill as a direct result of the government cutting spending on public health, which will put the NHS under further strain, a parliamentary report on Wednesday warns.

Peers on a House of Lords select committee urged citizens to do more to demonstrate personal responsibility – their “common duty” – to live healthily in order to help preserve the NHS as a tax-funded system that is free at the point of use.

They blame “the short-sightedness of successive governments” for leaving the NHS underfunded, understaffed and woefully unprepared for the huge pressures now bearing down on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ts-will-lead-to-more-sick-people-report-warns

"Hunt rejected the committee’s claims that it has done too little. “This government has a strong track record on public health." - that would make me laugh it wasn't so serious an issue, what bl**dy world does he live in? One of narrow-minded privilege and personal ambition, I strongly suspect :( :mad:

The ideal solution for the elderly is of course to attend the most expensive Day Centre in the world, the House of Lords. £300 @ day plus expenses, nice food, little snooze and a taxi home. I'd be amazed if there are no nurses or medics on duty too. Hear hear! :D

I'd be amazed if there are no nurses or medics on duty too. Hear hear! :D

Not to worry Amigo if there aren't - there are loads of em and a fully equipped NHS hospital just across the bridge!

If Hunt reckons we've got a world leading childhood obesity plan, the rest of the world must be really shite. Or the rest of the world is just America.

Back