Public exams

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMIC

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Does anyone know how much time you can take out of an A level if you have hyper? My daughter does not recover quickly but I am not sure how long the exam board will allow.

Sorry, it s some time since I was last sitting any exams but I wonder if these resources will help you

I see it says "There’s no maximum time set for supervised breaks, but if a student has another exam later the same day, this should be taken into account."

(And do you mean "hypER or hypO?)

Does anyone know how much time you can take out of an A level if you have hyper? My daughter does not recover quickly but I am not sure how long the exam board will allow.
I think @stephknits has been in recent contact with her daughter's school about A levels, she might be up to date with what is allowed. Hopefully she will see that I've tagged her.

If you mean hypo then you should be allowed 45 minutes AFTER the blood sugars have returned to normal, because that’s how long it can take brain function to fully come back. We have a letter from the hospital stating this which was passed to the exam board. It also states that if high she might need to use the toilet or inject herself with insulin. We are doing GCSEs not A levels but I can’t imagine that it’s any different.

Sorry, it s some time since I was last sitting any exams but I wonder if these resources will help you

I see it says "There’s no maximum time set for supervised breaks, but if a student has another exam later the same day, this should be taken into account."

(And do you mean "hypER or hypO?)
Hyper. She seems to take a lot longer to recover and often has to sleep!

Hyper. She seems to take a lot longer to recover and often has to sleep!
Perhaps if she is Hyper so blood glucose is too high it would be worth reviewing the insulin regime and diet and trying to pinpoint the reason it is happening.

Perhaps if she is Hyper so blood glucose is too high it would be worth reviewing the insulin regime and diet and trying to pinpoint the reason it is happening.
Thanks yes we have tried to work on that but the adrenaline seems to send her levels out of control

Hope you get good support from your daughter’s school, and that her BGs play fair during the exam season.

Stress and anxiety can play havoc with student’s levels.

If you’d like to chat things through, you might find it helpful to call the Diabetes UK helpline (9-6 Mon-Fri) on 0345 123 2399?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back