Pub lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Went out for a pub lunch today , I had black pudding rosti for starter, followed by fillet steak with pepper corn sauce , chips , mushrooms, and tomato, all washed down by a pint of real ale. I underestimated the carbs , so went a bit high , but dropping nicely now.
Totally worth it though , the real ale was the first one I have had for over 3 years and tasted like nectar.

Just dashed back to the forum home page to check that if it was your birthday as that definitely sounds like a birthday treat, but can't see you listed on the birthday board! Have to say it sounds like a gorgeous meal. So pleased you enjoyed it and the drink too.

Just dashed back to the forum home page to check that if it was your birthday as that definitely sounds like a birthday treat, but can't see you listed on the birthday board! Have to say it sounds like a gorgeous meal. So pleased you enjoyed it and the drink too.
No it's not my birthday, I'm on leave from work so took my lovely wife out for lunch .
Off to Somerset tomorrow for a catch up with our son , some retail therapy at Clarkes shopping Village then rounding the week off with a massive illuminated carnival. As I work permanent nights , it will be a novelty for me to live like normal people

Went out for a pub lunch today , I had black pudding rosti for starter, followed by fillet steak with pepper corn sauce , chips , mushrooms, and tomato, all washed down by a pint of real ale. I underestimated the carbs , so went a bit high , but dropping nicely now.
Totally worth it though , the real ale was the first one I have had for over 3 years and tasted like nectar.
Sounds great. I’ve only recently been diagnosed but struggling to see how to fit real ale into a low carb diet. Will probably just have to be an occasional treat now! Might not wait 3 years for mine though

No it's not my birthday, I'm on leave from work so took my lovely wife out for lunch .
Off to Somerset tomorrow for a catch up with our son , some retail therapy at Clarkes shopping Village then rounding the week off with a massive illuminated carnival. As I work permanent nights , it will be a novelty for me to live like normal people
North Petherton?

It sounds like you have a prime spot.
Enjoy your evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back