proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,

Just wanted to share this with you all.

Today Alex managed to successfully make his own decisions about his lunchtime levels! He was 4.1 so realised he may go low in the afternoon as he was having P.E. so he took the decision to drop his lunchtime level from 5 units of NR to 4 units. Then he had a jelly baby and 1 x cereal bar.

He did PE and when he got home at 3.15 he tested and he was 7.8!

It made me so happy that he is making good decisions and actually got it right!:D Bev

Terrific! It's the first successful step on the road to an increased feeling of freedom and being 'in control' - so important if you are to stop this thing getting you down. Well done Alex!:D

Well done to Alex, and Bev, afterall it is you who is guiding and helping him!

🙂

Hi all,

Today Alex managed to successfully make his own decisions about his lunchtime levels! He was 4.1 so realised he may go low in the afternoon as he was having P.E. so he took the decision to drop his lunchtime level from 5 units of NR to 4 units. Then he had a jelly baby and 1 x cereal bar.

It made me so happy that he is making good decisions and actually got it right!:D Bev

Brilliant - Alex! You should both be pleased - hope his success will inspire other young people, and us adults, come to that! :D

Nice one Alex. 🙂

That's fantastic, well done to your lil man, I bet he was chuffed to pieces and felt very grown up x

Well done! Good to see Alex begining to manage himself. Hope all goes well with him.

Yes! A HUGE well done!! x

well done to you both! do you think this is a direct result of the positive weekend experience? great news x

Sugarbum and all - thanks for your kind words - i have just let him read them before he went to bed and he had a grin from ear to ear!

Sugarbum, yes i really do think that he feels a lot more confident and able to make logical decisions as a direct result of the weekend - they did get education - they just didnt realise they were being taught! It was amazing to see how all the children became so confident - sharing their levels and showing little tips on how to inject etc.
One small boy (about 5 i think) sat and injected his tummy to show an older girl how to do it as she had a phobia about her tummy - she copied him and overcame her phobia! It was all very tear jerking! 🙂 Bev

Wow it's really good that he's starting to work things out on his own - well done Alex 🙂 🙂

well done. It shows Alex is keen to make decisions on his diabetes.

I hope he starts to feel better soon.

Say hi from me!

Elaine

Hi Elaine!

I will do - i hadnt realised that you were pingu! It was lovely to meet you - i notice you have been on the other forum too! There are a few off the other forum on here aswell! Small world isnt it. Have you recovered from the weekend yet? Bev

Hi all,

nice one alex!!!!!!!!!! well done buddy!!!!!! and well done to you to bev.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back