Proper squirter everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Changed my set before breakfast this morning and then took the old one out mid-morning at work. After 30-60 seconds, I wondered what the weird feeling on my hip was - blood everywhere! As I lifted up my top to look, blood squirted across the room, spraying everywhere, including up the cupboards. I had to pop home to get changed!

Sorry if that's too much info, but felt I had to share. Luckily I cleaned it all up without too much fuss and my colleagues (all vet related) aren't too phased by blood. Second time in nearly 4 years of pumping had that happen. I know it happens. Anyone else have this happen regularly? Strange thing was that I hadn't noticed anything amiss with the set! Maybe I won't be so blase about where and when I take the old set out.

Not had anything that dramatic, a few gentle bleeders is all.

The other day I did decide to change a set after I'd been for a run with a fairly new one in and a very low TBR (10% I think) because I seemed to have nicked a capillary and blood was leaking back 4-5 inches into the tubing.

Glad you got it sorted. Will you be avoiding that general area for a while to allow it to heal? (I'm never really sure what we are supposed to do about site bleeds)

Blimey Julia what a nightmare!

Not had any bleeding incidents but glad you have posted so if it ever happens......🙂

Not had that ! Hope u ok. I bet you caused a bit of carry on in the office 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back