Promising Trial Results for Intarcia’s Implanted Device for Type 2 Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Intarcia Therapeutics just released the latest data from its phase 3 FREEDOM-1 trial of ITCA-650, a small implanted device to treat type 2 diabetes. The tiny device is implanted under the skin for three or six months and continuously releases exenatide** (a GLP-1 agonist) through a small mini-pump. For the overall study population, the average drop in A1c using ITCA-650 was 1.4%-1.5% after 39 weeks (from a starting A1c of 8.4%). Additionally, within a group of patients with a very high starting A1c of 10.8%, the average drop in A1c was a highly impressive 3.4% after 24 weeks.

http://diatribe.org/promising-trial-results-intarcias-implanted-device-type-2-diabetes

**known here as 'Byetta'

That sounds good ! 🙂 It might not be for everyone but good

Well Byetta doesn't work for everyone Banjo, so I guess before they implanted a thingy, you'd have to try injecting it to see if it did?

And it's not a 'first-line' treatment by any means. Let's face it - any ruddy treatment that costs more than a brass farthing isn't first-line these days. When both Byetta and Victoza were new on the market, there was a steady stream of people being offered either of them - now it's not new (I wonder if they don't supply free or cheap samples now?) you hardly hear (on forums) from anyone who has been offered either.

If I'm wrong about that - well I'm wrong - so sorry.

But would be interested to hear what others who infest these forums think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back