Programme to help improve care for people with diabetes wins award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
An innovative programme set up in Bedfordshire to help improve the care people with diabetes receive has scooped an award.

Diabetes patients are now able to visit their local pharmacists to get help with new meters to monitor their blood glucose levels themselves, saving them time and helping them stay healthier.

The success of the Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) programme was recognised by its peers as it won the prestigious NHS PrescQIPP Innovation award for Long Term Conditions 2013.

Bedfordshire CCG set up the new programme with local pharmacies to improve diabetes care while introducing reliable and more cost-effective meters and associated test strips.

http://www.bedfordtoday.co.uk/news/...for-people-with-diabetes-wins-award-1-5832285

Eh? I've yet to come across a meter that is any less reliable than any other :confused: I suspect they are all being put on the same meter to save money rather than giving any benefit to patients. 🙄 I'd also add that my pharmacist is just as busy as my GP, and doesn't have spare time to chat to people off the street...

Last edited:
Yes, this is all about forcing people onto cheaper meters! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back