Procraftination

Iwillgetthere

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My latest craft project is to make a back pack from an old dress that was given to me by my best friend. My friend is no longer with us and is missed terribly. The dress no longer fits me. I used part of it to make a pinny for my eldest girl for Christmas and am enjoying making this for myself. I can carry a part of her around on my adventures!

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_134406.jpg
    IMG_20210121_134406.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 7

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pompoms are soooo yesterday @Robin IMHO LOL :D but the hat looked like it was missing something, so I added one (gawd, they’re a pain to make). Ignore the garden, finish the beanie!

Lovely colours @Iwillgetthere. Very summery. :cool:

TheClockworkDodo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Even if you don't finish it until next winter you'll be doing better than I would, @Robin - I knitted a jumper once and it took me 7 years (decided after that that knitting was not for me!)!

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It’s coming along slowly, but I keep getting distracted by other stuff. I decided to put some cabling in, I haven’t done any for years, and had to watch a Youtube refresher course!
View attachment 16058
That looks like good progress Robin and in such small needles.

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Not a single mistake @Robin by the looks. I’m always getting distracted and messing up. Lovely colour. :D

The tails are a great addition @SB2015.

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Not a single mistake @Robin by the looks. I’m always getting distracted and messing up. Lovely colour. :D

The tails are a great addition @SB2015.
I knitted an Arran sweater once, and didn’t notice I'd messed up one of the twists near the bottom until I was nearly at the top, so I left it thinking, nobody’s ever going to spot it. And they didn’t, but I knew it was there, and it used to stand out like a sore thumb for me.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I knitted a fair Isle jumper diagonally. It was not a good outcome and was more appropriate for a child. I could hardly get it over one arm. It did raise quite a bit as I put into a charity auction!!! Now I know why they say to do a sample square!!!

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I knitted an Arran sweater once, and didn’t notice I'd messed up one of the twists near the bottom until I was nearly at the top, so I left it thinking, nobody’s ever going to spot it. And they didn’t, but I knew it was there, and it used to stand out like a sore thumb for me.
That’s exactly how I feel, even if the mistake is invisible! Hahaha, perfectionism sucks. o_O o_O

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I adore knitting on 4 pins or eg cabling and don't have any prob with fair isle either cos I knit looser than many anyway. Any jumpers you want the stitches picked up around the neck or armhole, I'm your woman. Sister's boyfriend had 4 brothers so his mom used to knit them all the same jumper, and my sister's tension was the same as Mrs E and our mom's, so Gill would be knitting fronts while his mom did the backs, then I'd get em one at a time to do the necks. Lovely doing the youngest one's, just boring after I'd done the next two .... these were round necks, so you cast off by knitting into the first row as you go. Can't afford to cast off tight anyway if you need to pick the stitches up.

What I always loathed though - is sewing up.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I don’t participate in this thread as it is well documented I’m blooming useless at “ craft”. Can’t knit, sew, weave or any other things like that. Can’t draw or paint. Can’t make things, like cards etc. So when my eldest daughter on her last phone call said she thought I sounded fed up and bored she suggested I did something crafty! Has she really known me for almost 37 years? That cheered me up no end. I am very envious of all you clever people but I’m too long in the tooth, and impatient, to even begin to learn “ craft”. Keep it up though as I love looking at all your creations.

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I haven't painted for a zillion years and I have never been great at it but I was given some acrylic paints and stuff so I had a go at a miniature painting after watching a Youtube.

It was supposed to be a starry night but I think it turned out a snowy night instead.

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 13.53.07.png

Iwillgetthere

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I haven't painted for a zillion years and I have never been great at it but I was given some acrylic paints and stuff so I had a go at a miniature painting after watching a Youtube.

It was supposed to be a starry night but I think it turned out a snowy night instead.

View attachment 16066
It's lovely!
I've spent a good whilely watching Bob Ross and his 'joy of painting' in the past year and even had a go but managed nothing as lovely as this!

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have two ‘jumpers’ in my UFO box and all that needs to happen is the sewing up and doing the stitches round the neck line. If only you lived closer @Bloden.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

View attachment 16066
It looks like the Aurora Borealis to me.
Fabulous @NotWorriedAtAll

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It looks like the Aurora Borealis to me.
Fabulous @NotWorriedAtAll
That’s beautiful @NotWorriedAtAll. You’ve captured that feeling (I get, anyway) that the night sky is a big dome. Amazing.
It's lovely!
I've spent a good while watching Bob Ross and his 'joy of painting' in the past year and even had a go but managed nothing as lovely as this!
Thanks everyone. You are all very encouraging. x