Procraftination

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
B5232701-06C4-4594-BA98-DDB086555314.jpeg
D2F0F2E5-9200-47E5-8AA1-04F33E62CE87.jpeg
AD52DB3C-2290-4792-8D35-DA4A846049BB.jpeg
I am having an enforced rest due to illness, so using the time to potter around and get some projects finished off. Very pleased with my sketchbook/journal that combines my handwoven fabric cover, Folded Secrets pockets for things we will gather on our travels, and the bookbinding skills that I have used before. Ready now for our forthcoming holidays.

Last edited:

AndBreathe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
That really is lovely, @SB2015 . I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Carolg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have started a wee baby Aran cardi, bright red for my son,s work friends. Will keep me out of mischief I think

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
View attachment 9606
View attachment 9608
View attachment 9607
I am having an enforced rest due to illness, so using the time to potter around and get some projects finished off. Very pleased with my sketchbook/journal that combines my handwoven fabric cover, Folded Secrets pockets for things we will gather on our travels, and the bookbinding skills that I have used before. Ready now for our forthcoming holidays.
Ooh that’s fab! I am so uncrafty. I have craft envy when I see things like this. :(

Wirralass

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Wow SB2015 that is amazing, good for you. Sending love and good wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope you feel better very soon x:)
20170530_152914.jpg
WL

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
What has anyone else made. Photos welcome.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
You really don’t want to see the tank top I knit in 1982! I stitched up the armholes! Or the Santa Claus I knitted for daughter number one’s first Christmas. He had anorexia! :D

Grannylorraine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
You are very clever. I love hand crafted things. I am supposed to be crocheting my daughter a rainbow blanket for her baby that is due next week, but it has ground to a halt as for some reason I don't like knitting or crocheting when it is hot.

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
How lovely, SB. :) Hope you’re feeling better asap.

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
There was a time when I always had a bit of knitting or embroidery on the go, but I've got out of the habit. I made some curtains earlier in the year, and a winter skirt, which I finally finished just before the weather turned hot....
I'm currently waiting for a remnant I bought on line to arrive so I can make some cushion covers to brighten up the study, I just painted the walls light grey, which looks nice and calming, but it now needs something to cheer it up!
I hope you're feeling better, SB.

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Same here, Robin. :) I always used to have some little “evening sofa project” (cos that’s when and where I’d do it) on the go. I find TV so boring these days, I need something creative to make me sit still and relax.:rolleyes:

Hope you’re on the mend SB.:)

TheClockworkDodo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I don't think I posted this on the original Procraftination thread before Photobucket started holding everyone's photos to ransom - this is the card I made for my Mum's 90th birthday this March. As well as being a proper card (in that the whole thing opens so I could write a greeting inside), the door of the shed on the front also opens and closes.

Mum90thbirthdaycard01.JPG

Mum90thbirthdaycard02.JPG

Mum90thbirthdaycard03insideshed.JPG

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
You really don’t want to see the tank top I knit in 1982! I stitched up the armholes! Or the Santa Claus I knitted for daughter number one’s first Christmas. He had anorexia! :D
Yes we do!!

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Same here, Robin. :) I always used to have some little “evening sofa project” (cos that’s when and where I’d do it) on the go. I find TV so boring these days, I need something creative to make me sit still and relax.:rolleyes:

Hope you’re on the mend SB.:)
Thanks Bloden. Tests show liver is recovered and my basal rates are back to normal, which is a good indicator for me.

How about starting a new sofa project. I have a pair of fingerless gloves which I started over a year ago. I plan to take it away with me on holiday in the hopes that they will be ready for next winter.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
There was a time when I always had a bit of knitting or embroidery on the go, but I've got out of the habit. I made some curtains earlier in the year, and a winter skirt, which I finally finished just before the weather turned hot....
I'm currently waiting for a remnant I bought on line to arrive so I can make some cushion covers to brighten up the study, I just painted the walls light grey, which looks nice and calming, but it now needs something to cheer it up!
I hope you're feeling better, SB.
Thanks Robin. I had missed all the posts in this thread.
Definitely feeling better. Did Pilates for the first time in ages today.
Managed one hour and then gave in.

I look forward to seeing your photos of the cushion.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Still not finished the crochet poncho (remember ponchos?) I started for my small daughter in the early seventies! Not much point now she is 47 ........
What else could it become now?

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have started a wee baby Aran cardi, bright red for my son,s work friends. Will keep me out of mischief I think
I look forward to seeing the photo.