Problems with Tresebia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello all,
I,m type 1 diabetic. I was changed from lantus to Tresebia as it wasn't lasting twenty four hours but since starting the tresiba, I,m having quite a reaction. I developed an itch from top to toe, came out in a couple of hives, tired. My nurse said she not heard of anyone suffering side effects and she had said the consultant hadn't heard of anyone suffering with side effects. I read the information sheet that comes with Tresebia and it does state that the symptoms are rare but 1 in 1000 do suffer, I'm the one, but has anyone else suffered with side effects with Tresebia.
Take care everyone. Thank you.

Is there any reason you haven’t gone back to the Lantus to see if that stops the symptoms you’re having? That would confirm if the tresiba is causing it for you, other people’s experiences won’t tell you what’s causing your personal experience.

I was on treseba for a while with no reaction.
By the way your relationship to diabetes in your profile says type 2.
Hope it clears fast.

other people’s experiences won’t tell you what’s causing your personal experience.
Spot on, I'll remember that one for later if you don't mind 🙂. Now; just need to get everyone working in healthcare to take this on board.

My nurse said she not heard of anyone suffering side effects and she had said the consultant hadn't heard of anyone suffering with side effects.
Unfortunately this seems to be the standard response these days:(. Dismissive, gaslighting. It makes their day/jobs much easier. Like you say, information sheet specifically mentions these symptoms as possible side effects.

I am on Tresiba and have had no side effects, but that is not to say you haven't had a reaction. Probably worth speaking again to Nurse and ask about switching to see what happens.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your comments. The lantus wasn't working for me, that's why it was changed, the tresiba is great for my numbers but as I've said I am suffering side effects. It is going to be changed , I'm waiting for a new prescription can't remember what to, I just wanted to highlight my side effects to see if anyone else was having problems. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back