Problems with feet.

RichardsUsername

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I get the feeling most people don't think the Neuropathy in my feet is real. So why should I take glucose levels seriously? I virtually have to starve myself to get the levels within range. Exercise helped for some time but has now stopped as again I had to virtually exercise all day and night to get within range. I've had Diabetes for 10 years now and the A1C has never been good. So it's no surprise. I've also now got Background Retinopathy in my eyes.

Don’t worry about what other people think @RichardsUsername I remember you mentioning neuropathy and I have zero reason to doubt you.

Can you remind me what meds you’re on? Are you getting any support in improving your results? I find that basically we’re left to get on with things. I do find this forum very helpful though.

Sorry to hear you sounding like you feel a bit backed into a corner and that your not getting the help you need @RichardsUsername :(

Do you think different meds might help you manage your glucose levels more effectively?

Don’t worry about what other people think @RichardsUsername I remember you mentioning neuropathy and I have zero reason to doubt you.

Can you remind me what meds you’re on? Are you getting any support in improving your results? I find that basically we’re left to get on with things. I do find this forum very helpful though.
Thanks for responding. I'm on Metmorphin 2000mg per day. Gliclazide 80mg per day. Canagliflozin 300mg per day. And Ozempic 1mg per week injection. I've started up the exercise routine again. Mainly to improve my mind though. I also agree, left to get on with it. No support, but then that's not new.

Sorry to hear you sounding like you feel a bit backed into a corner and that your not getting the help you need @RichardsUsername :(

Do you think different meds might help you manage your glucose levels more effectively?
Many thanks. The meds might be worth looking at, but I'm not super optimistic.

Thanks for responding. I'm on Metmorphin 2000mg per day. Gliclazide 80mg per day. Canagliflozin 300mg per day. And Ozempic 1mg per week injection. I've started up the exercise routine again. Mainly to improve my mind though. I also agree, left to get on with it. No support, but then that's not new.

I don’t know enough about Type2 meds to comment on all those, but it seems quite a cocktail. I hope they’re suiting you.

Starting up some exercise sounds good. Anything can help - just moving around will help control blood sugar better.

There are some supplements that can help with neuropathy. I can’t remember whether I’ve mentioned them to you before?

I don’t know enough about Type2 meds to comment on all those, but it seems quite a cocktail. I hope they’re suiting you.

Starting up some exercise sounds good. Anything can help - just moving around will help control blood sugar better.

There are some supplements that can help with neuropathy. I can’t remember whether I’ve mentioned them to you before?
Thanks. Yes, I'm on a boatload of meds. Also anti-psychotics for the Schizophrenia (which is not going good at present), high blood pressure tablets, high colesterol, and tablets that are supposed to help with sleep but don't have much effect. The voices can keep you awake as it's none stop day and night. That was special. Yes, you did mention the supplements and that they are expensive. Unfortunately I haven't followed up on that but I have the info you supplied.

Back