Problem Saturdays.

indio02

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pack lunch ideas.
I've got into the habit of TERRIBLE eating on Saturdays. Can anyone suggest a diabetic friendly pack lunch that can be pre-made, doesn't need refrigeration and isn't bulky ie no sandwich tins tupperware? Why? This is what happened yesterday....
Tested BG at 4am Saturday morning for a result of 7.6. Had 40g ish of brazil nuts. Ate nothing till 2pm when I had a portion of chip shop chips with good splodge of heinz ketchup. At around 4pm bought a waitrose individual pork pie, latte, 150g packet of cracked black pepper crisps & 320g Indian vegetable snack selection (coz it was reduced to 99p). Ate the pork pie and indian snacks with latte in the park opposite. 2 hours later I ate the crisps on the train home. BG 2 hours later 6 2. Next morning had a lay in and did my BG at 6:45 for a result of 5.4.
I find the bg results interesting but that's something else.

Pack lunch ideas.
I've got into the habit of TERRIBLE eating on Saturdays. Can anyone suggest a diabetic friendly pack lunch that can be pre-made, doesn't need refrigeration and isn't bulky ie no sandwich tins tupperware? Why? This is what happened yesterday....
Tested BG at 4am Saturday morning for a result of 7.6. Had 40g ish of brazil nuts. Ate nothing till 2pm when I had a portion of chip shop chips with good splodge of heinz ketchup. At around 4pm bought a waitrose individual pork pie, latte, 150g packet of cracked black pepper crisps & 320g Indian vegetable snack selection (coz it was reduced to 99p). Ate the pork pie and indian snacks with latte in the park opposite. 2 hours later I ate the crisps on the train home. BG 2 hours later 6 2. Next morning had a lay in and did my BG at 6:45 for a result of 5.4.
I find the bg results interesting but that's something else.
You can get reusable sandwich bags / wraps which keeps things fresh. You could have veg sticks with mini tubs of hummus, boiled eggs, cheese chunks, pieces of cooked meat, nuts. If you are taking a bottle of water then you can chill or freeze it and it will keep your food cold.

Back