Probiotics???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaJH

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I suffer with a dysfunctional bowel so for past couple of months have been taking probiotics. I wondered if anyone had experienced a rise in their blood sugars after taking probiotics?
Thank you

I suffer with a dysfunctional bowel so for past couple of months have been taking probiotics. I wondered if anyone had experienced a rise in their blood sugars after taking probiotics?
Thank you
You should check how many carbs there are in the ones you are having as that could make a difference. Obvoiusly they will alter your gut microflora so may change the way your system digests carbohydrates.
It would be worth testing before and after you have them to see just what the effect is.
But be careful how much of the probiotics you have as you can have too much. I only say that because somebody I knew 'experimented' on himself and was having 2 litres a day and made himself very unwell. Rather stupid I know.
Taken in moderation should be all good.

i take a probiotic capsule every day, haven't noticed any difference, but if your taking something like yakult, they are about 10 carbs a little bottle

Which probiotics have you been taking @LisaJH - and have they helped your tum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back