Private Messages - Important Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, recently we have been getting a lot of suspicious activity where new members are joining, then sending themselves a Private Message, then logging off after a short while. In order to combat this, and so that we only attract genuine people affected by diabetes to the forum, I have made a change to the security.

The change will mean that a new member will not be allowed to use the Private Messaging system until they have made a minimum of 5 posts in the forum. This will give us a better opportunity to review whether the new members are genuine.

Whilst the change is being implemented, you may find that you can't use Private messages for an hour or so after you log in. Those people that have logged in before 11 am today should be OK from now on.

Sorry about the inconvenience this may cause, but it is an effort to protect everyone from those who might abuse the privilege 🙂

If you experience any problems, please let me know by posting here and I'll investigate.

alls fine with me just sent pm .x

shame this has to be done but needs must..

Hi everyone, recently we have been getting a lot of suspicious activity where new members are joining, then sending themselves a Private Message, then logging off after a short while. In order to combat this, and so that we only attract genuine people affected by diabetes to the forum, I have made a change to the security.

The change will mean that a new member will not be allowed to use the Private Messaging system until they have made a minimum of 5 posts in the forum. This will give us a better opportunity to review whether the new members are genuine.

Whilst the change is being implemented, you may find that you can't use Private messages for an hour or so after you log in. Those people that have logged in before 11 am today should be OK from now on.

Sorry about the inconvenience this may cause, but it is an effort to protect everyone from those who might abuse the privilege 🙂

If you experience any problems, please let me know by posting here and I'll investigate.

well Iam new to this and Idont know how to put a private message on or how to put anything on I can add on things like this but dont know how to do anything else can you help please.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back