preventable death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words fail me :( I know I don't know what it is like to work in these emergency call centres, but surely 'safe rather than sorry' still applies. especially in the case of a child. I had very similar symptoms, although I could still just about talk when I called for the ambulance - they were with me in minutes. How could it be so different in another part of the country, and dealing with a child?

Made me very chocked up, I can't imagine how his parents feel it's just so sad and just shouldn't have happened :(

it remind me hoe gp sometimes are not good enough and as parent you dont want to exagerate but 99% of the time parents are wright!!!

Very sad, no words can say how shocked I am that in this day & age with allt he medical knowledge that things like this are still happening, thoughts go out to his family x

Such a sad tragic story.

so sad, especially in this day and age. i was misdiagnosed 2 or 3 times when i first became ill in 1991, it wasn't until i saw my actual GP that i was sent straight to hospital. they kept telling my mum i just had a virus and that she was being OTT. HA. she is a trained nurse, so yeah, she knew something was up with me.

so sad, especially in this day and age. i was misdiagnosed 2 or 3 times when i first became ill in 1991, it wasn't until i saw my actual GP that i was sent straight to hospital. they kept telling my mum i just had a virus and that she was being OTT. HA. she is a trained nurse, so yeah, she knew something was up with me.

I also got misdiagnosed the day before i was admitted i went to A and E because i knew something was wrong, so saw the doctor explained i was tired, had no energy and a dry mouth and sicky throat. got diagnosed with gastro-indigestion or something and got sent home with GAVISCON! i tried to protest but he wasnt havin it....next day im in the hospital slipping into a coma and being told i have diabetes and all that doctor could say was "Well i misdiagnosed that one didn't i" !!!!! i tried to take some legal action against him as he almost cost me my life but i had no money for solicitors or anything, .... :(

The thing that got me was he even examined a urine sample surely he would have seen the keytones!!!

that story is awful...this stuff just shouldnt happen

Tragic ... My heart goes out to his parents and family

Heidi
xx

awful, just awful

and some of the misdiagnosis stories are disgusting too, makes me mad 😡

I was misdiagnosed for some time too, I remember seeing one doc and saying i was loosing a lot of weight but without trying. he laughed at me and said, "loosing weight without tryiing, thats a first", no questions, how much weight loss, how long, any other symptoms, nothing! I went home and cried. 😡

Its very sad. No child should be dying of Type 1 diabetes where it was so obviously preventable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back