Prescription shortages anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The pharmacy I normally use for my prescriptions have told me that they are having trouble getting Novorapid and needles, and advised me to try other pharmacies. This pharmacy is part of the Loyds chain.

Anyone else having similar trouble?

There's a lot of rumours flying around about Lloyds Pharmacies as in that they are closing down. So that could be the reason you can not get your prescription.

No issues here though I use apidra not novorapid (local independent pharmacy)

No problems here. I use an independent pharmacist and picked up my NovaRapid and Levemir on Tuesday. Hope you got sorted out.

Another pharmacy had both the Novorapid and the needles, so got what I needed.

I think the pharmacist at our local Lloyd's is buying it, which is good, as it gives continuity, but I hope this sort of shortages doesn't become common once ownership changes.

Thanks all for your replies.

There's a lot of rumours flying around about Lloyds Pharmacies as in that they are closing down. So that could be the reason you can not get your prescription.
Looks like a tabloid picked up the news that Lloyds are closing all their Sainsburys in-store pharmacies and decided that wasn't big enough news so instead reported that all 1300 pharmacies are going to close.

This article quotes Lloyds pharmacy as saying

“LloydsPharmacy is reviewing its community pharmacy estate and is selectively selling some branches. No LloydsPharmacy store is at risk of closure, except those within the Sainsbury’s estate.”

“The majority of buyers of these selected branches are independent pharmacy owners and local businesspeople who have demonstrated that they are committed to our branch teams and patients, and are well placed to meet the ongoing health needs of the local community.

“The LloydsPharmacy team is pleased that its colleagues from these stores will be joining successful, local businesses and that for patients there will be no change in the way they use their local pharmacy.”

The pharmacy I normally use for my prescriptions have told me that they are having trouble getting Novorapid and needles, and advised me to try other pharmacies. This pharmacy is part of the Loyds chain.

Anyone else having similar trouble?
Started having trouble getting Insuman Basal. Little if any insulin is made in Britain so shortages might be one of the Brexit benefits !

Oops thanks for that. Insuman Basal Solostar being discontinued by Sanofi by 23rd June. As a T2, I suspect I'll be offered a cheap old Human insulin from the 1980s as a replacement. The ones with long tails.

Always found LloydsPharmacy crap so wouldn't use them anyway now, better to go to independent pharmacy if you can find one around your area.

Always found LloydsPharmacy crap so wouldn't use them anyway now, better to go to independent pharmacy if you can find one around your area.
We aren't particularly well furnished with pharmacies round my area. Lloyds is the nearest and most convenient, and I don't really have any complaints about them.

In my experience, the quality of service in a pharmacy is down to the staff that work there rather than the company that owns them.
My nearest is a Well pharmacy. They had a wonderful pharmacist and service was amazing. For example, when he didn't have my insulin in stock, HE phoned around the local (competitor) pharmacists to find some. Sadly, he left during covid and the service is nowhere near as good now.
Previously, I used to go to the large Boots in town. Service was "meh" apart from one pharmacist who realised she walked past my house on the way to and from work so offered to drop my prescription off on the way past. The other Boots in town has made it clear customers are just a nuisance.

Oops thanks for that. Insuman Basal Solostar being discontinued by Sanofi by 23rd June. As a T2, I suspect I'll be offered a cheap old Human insulin from the 1980s as a replacement. The ones with long tails.
Yup, Humulin I has suddenly appeared on my prescription list. Anyway I have an appointment with the Tier 2 Diabetic Service to discuss change of insulin from Insuman Basal. Whenever I looked up Insuman Basal on t'internet it talked about canine diabetes. I guess somebody had me pegged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back