Prescription Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Long story short I like many other T2 have been told no need to test etc etc. Nurse prescribed me 1 x 50 test strips and told me they would need to last 6 months 😱. (Have been buying them off ebay). Anyway phoned yesterday as not been feeling well and asked if I could get another box prescribed as it does say T2 should test when ill. Picked up the script today and at the bottom it says "for practice use 63 days late, Prev 91". The way I am reading it is that they have it on their system as 1 x 50 test strips allowed per month ie last ones 91 days ago and I am 63 days late ordering my next box. Is that what it means? Thanks

Sorry no idea although it sounds like it. I find repeat perscriptions incredibly frustrating. It is as if the IT cannot cope with more than one med per person and each med has it own repeat factor!

sounds like it.. I remember when my friends dad went to the dr's because he was in pain, and the dr said, well you haven't been taking the painkillers have you, her dad said how did you know, and the dr said well mr xxxxxx you havent asked for any repeat prescriptions and your last order date was xx/xx/xxxx

on my repeat prescription form it tells me the last order date and how many more I can order.

try ordering them again next month without saying anything to the Gp/receptionist and you will soon see

Thanks everybody. Will order a box a month now until they tell me otherwise :D

Sorry, i can't help...I haven't the foggiest idea what that's about. We don't put stuff like that on our prescriptions, but then, we don't put limits on what doctors or patients ask for (within reason, obviously if somebody did come in for 20 packs of morphine tablets we would be a tad suspcious...)well, more than one packet of morphine tabs to be honest...) I've never worked in community so i don't really know what wierd practices they follow...

My doctor will have worked out months ago then that I stopped taking my simvastatin...

If you're on medication, you're entitled to the test strips so yeah, it must be monthly surely?

Sorry i cant help with what you wanted to knwo but i cant believe these gps think we can last on 50 strips for 6 months sometimes i have to test 4-5 times a day if ive suffered a hyper, so in thoery if i was to have 10 hypers 1 each day for 10 days that pot of 50 would last 10 days😱 hmm.

Steff2010: i notice you are a Type 2 and you mention hypers what are these as opposed to hypos?

Sorry i cant help with what you wanted to knwo but i cant believe these gps think we can last on 50 strips for 6 months sometimes i have to test 4-5 times a day if ive suffered a hyper, so in thoery if i was to have 10 hypers 1 each day for 10 days that pot of 50 would last 10 days😱 hmm.

My problem is because my HbA1c is good and my general bs are as well so the nurse says there is no need to test... I try and explain to her that I have been buying strips from ebay and testing and adjusting meals (even showed her the graph I created from readings) and that along with the medication this is the reason my levels are generally good but it falls on deaf ears 😡. Anyway I am going to try and order a box a month until someone tries to stop me then I will have another discussion with the nurse!

Steff2010: i notice you are a Type 2 and you mention hypers what are these as opposed to hypos?

Hypers are when the blood glucose levels shoot up, instead of a hypo when you go low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back