Prepregnwncy planning appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

100cas

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I had my regular dsn appointment last week and told them I’d like to start a family next year and they have booked me in to the preconception clinic for this Thursday.

One thing she mentioned was being able to switch from freestyle libre 2 to dexcom (didn’t specify which one) if I wanted to, did anyone switch away from libre 2 pre/ during pregnancy? I get on very well with my libre 2, it’s accurate for me and is now a real time CGM - so I just wanted to see if there are some benefits during pregnancy that I’m missing?

It depends what Dexcom they’re offering you @100cas I switched from Libre 2 to the Dexcom G7 (not when pregnant) and the difference is chalk and cheese. The G7 is fabulous! I trust it far more than I trusted the Libre. This is because of its accuracy and also the fab range of alarms. Pregnancy can cause fierce, sudden hypos so having those extra alarms would really help.

Are you on injections or a pump?

It depends what Dexcom they’re offering you @100cas I switched from Libre 2 to the Dexcom G7 (not when pregnant) and the difference is chalk and cheese. The G7 is fabulous! I trust it far more than I trusted the Libre. This is because of its accuracy and also the fab range of alarms. Pregnancy can cause fierce, sudden hypos so having those extra alarms would really help.

Are you on injections or a pump?
Thanks for the reply. I hadn’t considered extra alarms, that’s a really good point, I’m lucky the accuracy of my libre is really good so I’m ok on that front. I’m interested to see which dexcom they offer.

I’m on a pump - Omnipod dash. I did ask about closed loop but they didn’t think it would be of much use for me as my control is good without it.

I also forgot to mention that the G7 has a really fast warm-up time. It’s officially 30 mins but as it cleverly starts counting down the minute you insert it, actually it’s more like 20 or 25 mins. It’s really great to have that.

Thanks for the reply. I hadn’t considered extra alarms, that’s a really good point, I’m lucky the accuracy of my libre is really good so I’m ok on that front. I’m interested to see which dexcom they offer.

I’m on a pump - Omnipod dash. I did ask about closed loop but they didn’t think it would be of much use for me as my control is good without it.
I would ask about HCL again, fine your control is good now but it will change when you are pregnant and they should give you all the support you need.

Good luck on your jounrey. Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back