Preparing for first injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Got the insulin today and it is Insulatard.

I have inserted the cartridge ready and am going to be brave and try it myself without my mum's help. Thought since I am an adult I should stop being soft and just get on with it 😛

I'm going to inject myself about 9 ish I think - it makes it an hour before bed and I believe it takes about 1hour 30 minutes before it kicks in.

I hope the first injection is stress free. From reading what others have said, once you have done it a few times, you'll soon get the hang of it and work out what's right for you.

Got the insulin today and it is Insulatard.

I have inserted the cartridge ready and am going to be brave and try it myself without my mum's help. Thought since I am an adult I should stop being soft and just get on with it 😛

I'm going to inject myself about 9 ish I think - it makes it an hour before bed and I believe it takes about 1hour 30 minutes before it kicks in.

I remember my first injection. it was when i was in hospital and the nurse asked me if i wanted her to do it but but i said i would do it myself and have always done so ever since.

good luck, im sure u will be just fine 🙂

i find the finger pricker sorer than the injection (most of the time) lol

Hope it all goes ok for your first injection Dizzy x

Good luck Dizzy, you will be fine. I'm sure you are very nervous and apprehensive but you will be ok.

Don't forget to keep the needle in and count to 10.

If you find you have a wet bobble of it on your skin, don't panic and don't inject more.

We all get that from time to time on injections.

Take care 🙂

arr bless i cryed the first time i injected and felt so silly as it realy didnt hurt,, but must admit realy get scared when i have injections or blood tests..so would rather do it myself like to be in control...good luck hunni.xx

Oops! Am I too late to wish you luck? Is the deed done? Hope it went OK🙂

arr bless i cryed the first time i injected and felt so silly as it realy didnt hurt,, but must admit realy get scared when i have injections or blood tests..so would rather do it myself like to be in control...good luck hunni.xx

my mum cried wen she saw me injecting for the first time.

yeah i like to be in control too.

The deed is done - did it an hour ago and all is well. (I had to do it alone as hubby has gone to the football!!)

There was a tiny bit of blood that came out once I removed the needle and it did not hurt which is more then can be said for the finger pricks.

I'm ready now for anything else they throw at me.

Thank you all for your support - you are all the greatest xx

Well done, glad it all went ok. Now that first hurdle is over things will soon settle down into normality.

The deed is done - did it an hour ago and all is well. (I had to do it alone as hubby has gone to the football!!)

There was a tiny bit of blood that came out once I removed the needle and it did not hurt which is more then can be said for the finger pricks.

Hurrah! Well done Di!!!!:D:D

Hurrah! Well done Di!!!!:D:D

celebrate good times (8) lol u wouldnt want to hear my singing in real life 😛

well done, give yourself a pat on the back :D

Well done. It's good to get the first one over with.

It isn't unusual to get a slight drop of blood, it happens to me every few days. to me it's usually a painful injection.

Well done, scary part over with.

Well done!! The first one is the most scarey. I remember when my mum and I had to learn the technique back in the dark ages in 1977, my mum took the cap off the needle and sliced her hand open with it!!! Needless to say I was apprehensive when she approached me with the syringe!

Well done on your first injection i remember how scared I was to do it for the first time.

Emma x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back