Prepare your new lancet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem solved by using a CGM!
(But my watch has to be reset because this morning it said that today was 1st March...!)

Problem solved by using a CGM!
(But my watch has to be reset because this morning it said that today was 1st March...!)
It is recommended to check CGMs against finger pricks, especially if you use the CGM readings for dosing purposes.
Although, it you are only using your lancet for this purpose, you could change it less often - maybe next 29th Feb? :D

What already?!? This one’s barely worn in :rofl:o_O😱

A gentle reminder to all who change their lancet every 29th Feb. Wouldn't want anyone to miss the date.
Well done on this post.

I dropped mine a few weeks ago and the cap came off and the lancet hit the ground so I replaced it already.

I am also a fully subscribed St Swithin's day member. It is only 7 months since I last changed it and plenty life left in it yet, especially now with CGM. Not sure I can justify another change this soon, but thanks for the heads up!

I confess my lancet was changed just before Christmas.
My partner had eaten the most ginormous brunch of pancakes, caramalised pears, caramel sauce and maple syrup. He wanted to know how it would affect his BG. So, I had to change my lancet before and after his test.
Unsurprisingly, it was the highest level he had even seen: a wapping great big 6.5mmol/l.
Sometimes, I go off non-diabetics and their healthy pancreases using up my lancets.

I confess my lancet was changed just before Christmas.
My partner had eaten the most ginormous brunch of pancakes, caramalised pears, caramel sauce and maple syrup. He wanted to know how it would affect his BG. So, I had to change my lancet before and after his test.
Unsurprisingly, it was the highest level he had even seen: a wapping great big 6.5mmol/l.
Sometimes, I go off non-diabetics and their healthy pancreases using up my lancets.

As she got older my mouther asked me about annually to check her BG (no, not on St Swithin's Day). I think her highest ever was 5.9!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back