pregabalin and blood sugars

Status
Not open for further replies.

scatty17

Good evening..I wonder if anyone has type 1 diabetes and been put on pregabalin and your blood sugars run high..many thanks x

It can affect your blood sugar so you may either need to change your doses or ask someone to help you change your doses

Attachments

• IMG_9372.png
    IMG_9372.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 7
What have you been prescribed the pregabalin to help with? Is it for some pain or injury?

Illness and injury (and recovery) have the capacity to raise glucose levels. So perhaps the raised levels are connected to whatever the pregabalin is being prescribed for?

If anything, it seems like pregabalin itself might potentially reduce BG levels?

hya thanks for reply. I got prescribed due to arthritis and severe disc space narrowing in neck . I read it can affect to make your blood sugars low but mine are high..

Yes I wonder if it is the neck injury and pain which are pushing your BG levels up?

As @Lucyr says, it would be worth mentioning the change in BG levels to your Dr or nurse

Yes I wonder if it is the neck injury and pain which are pushing your BG levels up?

As @Lucyr says, it would be worth mentioning the change in BG levels to your Dr or nurse
hya ..I've had the pain etc for months and it's just since I've taken tje pregabalin last week bloods sugars been running high
..I am going to phone diabetic nurse on Monday. I saw the diabetic doctor last week and she increased my insulin because my sugars were high. but since I've increased the insulin and just started the pregabalin they are running high
.they are 20 in morning. and go up I can't get reading
.and I eat a slice of toast and butter and take insulin the sugar reading goes so high..I have only had breakfast and now bms have come down to 12.9 and its nearly 8.30 pm

Ah that’s interesting! Maybe there’s another painkiller you could try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back