Pre diabetes just diagnosed this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaberwacky

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello Researching Diabetes as never considered my low blood pressure lifetime would now in my mid 60's become a problem .
I have Barratts Osophagus plus Osteoarthritis Spondulitis early Glaucoma and Raynaud's diagnosed but probably now Diabetes most likely the cause.
Positively I intend o fight these especially Diabetes but knowledge is King.
Walking and learning Rhythm Guitar drive me but latter physically temporarily on hold.
Member Versus Forum helped me enormously.
Please Members and Diabetes UK any advice really appreciate and your stories.Not Digital bod.
Thanks Jaberwacky

Welcome to the forum
Sorry to hear you have multiple conditions to juggle but as your diagnosis is one of 'at risk' then some modest changes to your diet should be all that is needed.
The foods which are a problem are those which are high carbohydrates like bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, breakfast cereals as well as the more obvious cakes, biscuits and sugary drinks including fruit juice. Depending on how close you are to the top of the range of 42-47mmol/l that will indicate how much work you will need to do.
Do you have any food restrictions because of your condition as that will need to be considered and a balance found.
Meals based on meat, fish, eggs, cheese, dairy with vegetables and salads and fruit such as berries but with only small portions of any of those high carb foods mentioned.
This link may help you see a way forward with menu changes as there are some meal plans and recipes which may be suitable. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back