Post covid BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Largesse1!

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So I was doing really well. My fasting BGs were down to 6.2- 6.6 (f since I’ve got my HbA1c down to 46-47 they’d still been stuck at 7.5). I’d moved house and I think all the extra running around had done the trick. Three weeks ago I had COVID and now my fasting BGs are up again to mid 7s. This morning it was 8.3. Any advice? Did anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks for your help, as always.

So I was doing really well. My fasting BGs were down to 6.2- 6.6 (f since I’ve got my HbA1c down to 46-47 they’d still been stuck at 7.5). I’d moved house and I think all the extra running around had done the trick. Three weeks ago I had COVID and now my fasting BGs are up again to mid 7s. This morning it was 8.3. Any advice? Did anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks for your help, as always.
It is probably just higher as infections can increase blood glucose and it may take a bit of time to get back to what it was, in the meantime maybe tighten up a bit on your diet.
Morning reading are often a higher anyway, that sneaky foot on the floor syndrome with your liver releasing glucose to be super helpful to give you energy for the day.

It is probably just higher as infections can increase blood glucose and it may take a bit of time to get back to what it was, in the meantime maybe tighten up a bit on your diet.
Morning reading are often a higher anyway, that sneaky foot on the floor syndrome with your liver releasing glucose to be super helpful to give you energy for the day.
Thank you for the reassurance.

I'm about 6 or 7 weeks post covid and only just feeling my insulin is starting to feel effective properly again.
My bloods knew I had covid before I did as well as they knew I was feeling better before I did too.

Give it time and stick at what you were doing. Its easy to stray off when things aren't going well (for me at least)

I'm about 6 or 7 weeks post covid and only just feeling my insulin is starting to feel effective properly again.
My bloods knew I had covid before I did as well as they knew I was feeling better before I did too.

Give it time and stick at what you were doing. Its easy to stray off when things aren't going well (for me at least)
That’s very useful to know, thanks. And yes, it was hard when in isolation and no access to kitchen to keep the diet up. I did manage more or less but the post viral fatigue has also had an impact on exercise in particular. I’ll slowly build up again and hope it works.

I only gave up naps about a week ago, still tired doing above the norm.
still coughing up rubbish (but no longer in pain with lungs).
I need to go out tomorrow so will see how I cope with that 🙄

The next person who says "its just like a cold" without specifying "for me" I'm going to punch in the face :rofl:
(edit I wouldn't really do that and only said that for dramatic effect 😉 )

I was so tired for ages after having it, but didn’t really notice a change in levels other than when I had it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back