Post covid bg highs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BashUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone, I have been T2 for few years, doing really well, got my A1C down to 54 from 95 with keto. Then I got covid, now my fastings have gone from 7.0-8.0 to 16.0+ and even with keto eating I find it hard to get them below 11.0. I asked my Dr and he told me to wait 2 weeks after recovery and come back to him. It is a week since I recovered, I have lost 2kg being really careful but my bg levels seems to be stuck between 12 and 17.

I'm really worried, anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated.

I’d give it another week as advised by your Dr.

Any illness be it the common cold, Covid or beri-beri, elevates BG. In a fully functional body the pancreas (etc) automatically takes care of that without anyone noticing since until we have diabetes, we never check our BG and simply don't have the means to do so.

I have no idea whatsoever whether you'll be likely to see any difference in a fortnight or not, or how long it takes on average for anyone to get over Covid, so afraid you'll have to wait and see, as advised by your GP who hopefully may know a bit more about it than you and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back