Possible help for diabetics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I don't believe the article for one minute, it sounds very unhealthy, but thought I'd find out what everyone else thinks and if they know any more.

This is based on a study done by Yale University on laboratory mice. Fed on a diet of 45% fat (or the equivilent of a fast food meal every day), they animals got less hungry.

From the findings of the study it is thought new drugs could be developed to 'help beat obesity and diabetes'

Personaly I think it is one of those eek moments that stops people short, but over to you for your thoughts...😱

Thanks Norhtener, it was a small piece in the free paper I picked up this monring

Actually, I think my article had nothing to do with yours, now I look at it properly! They're always finding out ways to help diabetic mice - but we're not diabetic mice!😱😉

It is along similar lines, although I think these folks are guilty of specieism (if that's how it's spelt, it's like racism only between diffierent species of animals)

Sounds like they may be on the path to discovering the mechanics of insulin resistance.

But as usual they are looking to blame T2s...

"For the general population, the current advice remains unchanged: a combination of healthy diet and lifestyle plus regular exercise is the best way to avoid obesity and the risk of complications, such as type 2 diabetes."

Of course this should read:
"The best way to avoid T2 diabetes is to have different grandparents"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back